3-Year-Old Girl Was Scratched By A Kitten And Almost Died Of Toxic Shock Syndrome. How Did It Happen?
Most of us tend to associate toxic shock syndrome (TSS) with the use of tampons. Actually, this rare, life-threatening condition can affect any person of any age, as one Somerset family found out.
3-year-old almost lost her life to toxic shock syndrome
Lilanna Batstone, who was about to turn 3, was at home, recovering from chickenpox. She was playing with her kitten, and it accidentally scratched her neck.