Parents Are Outraged After A Man Gets Only 90 Days In Jail For Sexual Assault Of Their 5-Year-Old Daughter

The case of a 79-year-old man who sexually assaulted a 5-year-old girl generated a huge public reaction. People were outraged by the fact that the man was sentenced only to 90 days in jail and will not even be registered as a sex offender.

90-days arrest for a child assault

79-year-old Lyle Burgess from Stockton faces charged for sexually assaulted a 5-year-old girl. He was sentenced to either 90 days in an alternative-work program or in-home arrest. According to the County Superior Court, Burgess is not required to be registered as a sex offender.

Kenneth Meleyco, a lawyer of the victim’s family, tells the girl’s parents are disappointed by the court’s decision, saying that such punishment is not enough for what Burgess did to their daughter.

READ ALSO: Verdict: Bill Cosby Was Found Guilty In Sexual Assault Trial And Sentenced To 30 Years In Prison

Lyle was arrested after the child’s mother reported seeing Burgess touching her daughter. The little girl told the police therapist what the adult man did to her.

Her mother testified in the court:

I want other kids to be protected from possible future abuse by this man. My daughter will remember this for the rest of her life.

The family’s attorney explained his attitude to the case. Meleyco said Burgess’ social status and wealth are what got him off easy.

He’s white and wealthy. That’s what I think.

Lyle Burgess is the founder and the owner of the big distribution company, Rare Parts Inc. After Burgess was sentenced to jail, the company representatives released a statement to express their sadness on this horrible case of child abuse.

Meanwhile, the victim’s family released a petition against the rapist. The petition says:

This child deserves justice! She deserves to know that people care enough to make sure this man can never hurt her or any other child again! 

A lot of people already signed the petition and expressed their support to the family.

We wish the girl’s family to stay strong amid this horrible case and hope the justice will prevail.

READ ALSO: NSW Woman Died After Gastric Balloon Surgery To Fix Her Obesity