Second Mysterious Death At Pret A Manger! Woman Had Only Eaten A Bread That Led To An Allergic Reaction

October 11, 2018

This is turning into a sequel, way too fast! Reports have just confirmed that another customer had died from an allergic reaction to a sandwich bought from Pret A Manger prior to 2018 incident.

In December 2017, Celia Marsh, 42, from Melksham had died after eating a super-veg rainbow flatbread that was supposed to be dairy-free. Somewhere between the lines, it reads, that product did have dairy protein in it. She was rushed to Bath's Royal United Hospital but couldn't make it through the severe allergic reaction.

READ ALSO: Citrus Allergy: Warning Signs To Watch For

Her relatives were gravely enraged, asking:

We just want the answers to why she died after eating lunch with her family.

The famous sandwich chain was held accountable but they pinned the blame to their supplier CoYo. 

READ ALSO: Violation Over Allergies? Airline Attendants Deliberately Tried To Kick Teen Girl Off The Plane Because Of Her Strawberry Allergy

Pret A Manger's statement that people disagree with

Now, they have released a sympathetic statement towards the tragedy. Also promised to offer any assistance in the investigations. The culprit was found to be their own organic supplier, CoYo U.K. Their products guaranteed to not even have negligible traces of dairy protein but did. Pret A Manger has cut all ties with the company and is also pursuing them legally.

However, the pointed finger was twisted back to the provider. At least in Natasha's case, they had the warning. People questioned why there wasn't an audit on the supplier while delivering their glorious loaves of bread to the final customer.

Their concern is really note-worthy. Pret A Manger should have known what danger was stacked up on their shelves, both times!

READ ALSO: Devastated Parents Share An Important Message To Warn Everybody About Food Allergy That Took Their Son's Life

The most recent case

Earlier in 2018, the Heathrow Airport had pulled a horrific scene when Natasha Ednan-Laperouse collapsed on a flight from Heathrow to Nice. Her dad instantly attempted to save her by injecting two EpiPens but the poor girl died in a matter of a few hours.

The 15-year-old had a chronic sesame allergy. Trustful on Pret A Manger, she ate a baguette which was infested with sesame seeds. The chef hadn't bothered to sprinkle them on the bread but had baked it inside instead. 

People with a food allergy have an immune system that attacks certain proteins found in food. If you or someone near you complain any of these symptoms, get them immediate help:

  • tingling sensation in the mouth;
  • a feeling of sharp burning in the lips;
  • visible swelling on the face;
  • skin rash of any color;
  • itchy/blotchy skin;
  • sudden wheezing or coughing;
  • a constant runny nose;
  • streaming red eyes.

Both girls and their families couldn't possibly sense the fatality in their food. But now, you know the red flags.

READ ALSO: Is Mosquito Allergy Real? Some React Severely To Those Annoying Bites, And It's Called The Skeeter Syndrome