There are several steps you can take to prevent styes from developing. These include the following:
- don’t touch your eyes or eyelids with unwashed hands;
- never use low-quality or expired makeup products;
- don’t share your mascara and other eye makeup products with other people;
- always remove makeup before going to sleep;
- wash your eyelids gently every day to remove small makeup particles, dust, and other debris that can clog the oil glands in your eyelids.
Source: Mayo Clinic, WebMD, HealthDirect
READ ALSO: 5 Health Factors To Consider Before Getting Eyelash Extensions
This article is purely for informational purposes. Do not self-medicate, and in all cases consult a certified healthcare professional before using any information presented in the article. The editorial board does not guarantee any results and does not bear any responsibility for harm that may result from using the information stated in the article.