Other sounds cats make include the wail, the beep, and the burble.
Are you suddenly feeling like you know very little about cats and realize you have a fear of missing out that you didn't think you were capable of? Worry not. We've got you covered.
These are the top ten things you need to know about cats:
- Just in case you have been wondering about this, a group of cats is called a clowder.
- Cats sleep 70% of their lives. That's a no-brainer, right?
- Best believe that your cat is incapable of tasting sweetness.
- If you were ever told that milk is for cats, you were lied to. Cats are often lactose intolerant.
- And this: All those cartoons with cats yearning for raw fish, lies too.
- Dog people are not going to like this much: Cats make more than 100 different sounds whereas dogs make around 10.
- Cats have 1,000 times more data storage than an iPad.
- This here is hard to believe, but a house cat is faster than Usain Bolt.
- Cats and humans have nearly identical sections of the brain that control emotion.
- If you are a cat person, it is very likely that you are more open to new experiences than the average dog person.