How Well Do You Know William And Kate? 10 Interesting Facts About The Royal Lovebirds You Might've Missed
September 14, 2018 14:02 By Fabiosa
Since 2011, Prince William and Kate Middleton have been the royal couple we can't take our eyes off. We've lived with them through births of their three adorable children and other relationship milestones, but still can't get enough.
And while we're sure you can name all their kids, we bet there are a lot of things you didn't know about the ultimate royal couple. Here are 10 interesting facts about them every fan should know.
1. They shared a house together with two other friends in their younger years
In college, William wanted to live the simple life of young Brit and shared an apartment with three of his friends, one of which was his future wife, Kate Middleton.
2. They were long distance at the beginning of their relationship
Upon graduating, Kate moved to London to work with her parents, while William headed to Southwestern England for military training.
3. They broke up for a period of time in 2007
Pressure got to the couple in 2007 resulting in a temporary split. Although the main reason was never disclosed, many assume Kate was struggling with pressure from the media.
4. Kate moved to Wales so she could be with Prince William during his Royal Air Force training
It happened just over a year before their wedding when William got stationed in Wales. Kate simply couldn't handle being away from him anymore, so she dropped everything to be close with him.
5. Their first official royal engagement as a couple was a boat christening in Wales
Another interesting fact about Wales is that the couple got engaged shortly after settling there. No surprise that their first engagement party was close to their home at that time.
6. Kate Middleton's wedding bouquet paid homage to her new husband
Kate's bouquet featured a special flower called Sweet William! What a lovely coincidence.
7. Kate Middleton did her own wedding makeup
Talented Kate wanted to take control of her look during her most special day and even took make-up lessons to make herself look flawless.
8. They have a dog Lupo
William and Kate's first baby wasn't George, it was an adorable English Cocker Spaniel named Lupo!
9. Kate experienced severe morning sickness when she was pregnant with Prince George
Duchess of Cambridge actually had a hard time during all three of her pregnancies, which was even mentioned in a press release by Kensington Palace.
10. Prince William doesn't wear a wedding ring
Duke of Cambridge always follows royal tradition, according to which a king-to-be doesn't wear a wedding band.
Still can't get enough?
If you still want more of William and Kate, we suggest this amazing video highlighting the best moments from the royal couple's wedding. Enjoy!
Which of these facts did you like the best? Tell us in the comments!