LIFESTYLE

Golden Retriever Gets Bitten By A Rattlesnake To Save The Life Of Its Owner. Just Look At The Bite On The Dog’s Face!

Date July 18, 2018 14:02

During the summer season, the possibility of being bitten by a snake is very high. According to the official information from the California Poison Control System, around 300 people in California only suffer from rattlesnake bites every year.

Paula Godwin shared the story of her hero dog, Todd, on Facebook. The woman was hiking with her golden retriever, but suddenly she almost stepped on a rattlesnake.

READ ALSO: 2-Month-Old Went Flying Out During A Flip Over Car Accident. Her Mom Blames Shoulder Pads On Her Car Seat And Warns Others

The courageous dog jumped in front of Paula and saved her from the dangerous reptile. The woman’s leg would have been bitten, has it not been for her Todd. Paula’s pet became her life rescuer.

Todd was immediately transported to the Animal Hospital at Anthem for a medical check-up.

READ ALSO: Lack Of Patriotism? Air Force Vet Has To Sell His Home Because Of HOA Fines For A Small U.S. Flag In A Flower Pot

Now one may wonder, how to protect yourself from such cases? Mark E. Sutter, an emergency medicine physician and toxicologist, says:

Dry, hot conditions are likely to cause rattlesnakes and other animals to move into where water sources are, including backyards. It’s best to be aware of one’s surroundings and know how to respond when encountering a rattlesnake.

Matt Jeppson / Shutterstock.com

First of all, just be careful when you are outside. During camping and hiking, it is better to wear boots and long pants to protect yourself in case there are snakes somewhere around. Never walk without shoes in places where you can’t clearly see where you are placing your feet.

Tom Reichner / Shutterstock.com

If the case has already happened, don’t hesitate to get immediate medical help. Before the doctors arrive, it is important to wash the wound with soap and water and remove everything constrictive.

READ ALSO: This Woman Could Not Live Or Sleep Without Her Mascara On, And 25 Years Later, It Almost Made Her Blind


This article is solely for informational purposes. Do not self-diagnose or self-medicate, and in all cases consult a certified healthcare professional before using any information presented in the article. The editorial board does not guarantee any results and does not bear any responsibility for any harm that may result from using the information provided in the article.