The case in favor of dating single moms
However, many men beg to differ. Blogger Derrick Jaxn made a video outlining the reasons why dating a single mother is actually good. Here are his reasons, in a nutshell:
- Single moms are usually used to cooking, which is a plus.
- They practice responsible budgeting.
- They live a settled life, staying home taking care of the kids instead of going to parties.
- The majority of them are not judgmental and are not going to judge you if you’re also a single parent.
- By looking at how a single mom interacts with her kids, you’ll know what kind of mom she will be to your kids in the future.
- A single mom won’t run for the hills at the first sign of trouble, such as sudden unemployment, sickness, or other unforeseen adverse circumstances.
We can’t say that either of the two groups of men is right. It seems that they are forgetting that every single mom is, first of all, an individual.
Like every other group of people, single moms are very diverse in their personalities, needs, and preferences. When will people realize this?
READ ALSO: "I Felt Very Alone": Til Schweiger's Ex-Wife On Their Separation And Raising Four Kids As A Single Mom