PSYCHOLOGY

Marvel Mom Overcomes Despair And Longtime Fertility Struggle To Become The First Triplet Ever To Welcome Quadruplets

Date October 11, 2019 17:41

Multiple births are fast becoming a regular phenomenon as twins are already quite the norm. However, the idea of raising four kids at one is scary for most parents.

Marvel Mom Overcomes Despair And Longtime Fertility Struggle To Become The First Triplet Ever To Welcome QuadrupletsAnneka / Shutterstock.com

According to Huggies, 90% of all multiple births are made of up twins, while the remaining 10% is shared between triple, quadruplets, and more.

That is why this woman, who is a triplet, was marveled when she welcomed quadruplets.

Miracle multiple births

Social worker Kayla Glines and her husband had been trying to conceive for years. When it didn’t look like it was forthcoming, they decided to adopt her brother’s daughters.

With the girls a part of their family, Kayla and Allen still kept hope alive even if the doctors told them that they could never conceive naturally.

Luckily, 32-year-old Kayla got pregnant in 2017 after fertility treatment and discovered she was having triplets. Given that she was a triplet herself, it was terrific news.

Unfortunately, only two of the babies survived. It was devastating news for Kayla and her husband, Allen. They kept trying, and after two years, it finally happened, and this time, she conceived naturally.

Kayla was so joyful, but little did she know that more excitement was coming her way. To her surprise, when she went for a scan, the doctor told her that she was pregnant with quadruplets! Blown out of her mind, Kayla said:

“We had been trying for so many years to fall pregnant naturally, and to discover I was going to have four babies, especially when I’m a triplet myself, was just unbelievable.”

She expressed her shock, saying:

“It just felt so surreal, like a dream. I even had to take a couple of days off work just to get my head around being pregnant with four babies.”

Despite the fears that come with the risk of having quads, Kayla pushed on in hope, and all of the kids were born safely! The beautiful kids comprised of two girls and two boys who were named: Oaklee, Lincoln, Jamesen, and Reese.

Shazia Malik, a consultant gynecologist while speaking to Mirror, explained that Kayla’s case was indeed extraordinary.

“I have never heard of this before, and I do believe it is a world first.”

Factors that increase the chances of multiple births

These include:

  • family history;
  • age;
  • weight;

Marvel Mom Overcomes Despair And Longtime Fertility Struggle To Become The First Triplet Ever To Welcome QuadrupletsZoia Kostina / Shutterstock.com

  • diet;
  • fertility treatments.

Having quadruplets was indeed the miracle Kayla truly needed after her fertility struggle. Congratulations to her and Allen. We wish them a wonderful time with their bubbly four bundles of joy!