15-Month-Old Baby Dies After Her Mother’s Pain Relief Patch Stuck To Her Skin As They Slept In The Same Bed

Family & Kids

June 28, 2018 12:21 By Fabiosa

A 15-month-old baby girl died after her mom’s pain relief patch stuck to her tummy as they slept together in one bed.

Baby dies from a pain relief patch

Amelia Cooper from Cornwall was just 15 months old when she was found lifeless in her parents’ bed. The baby girl died after a pain relief patch from her mom’s body became attached to her tummy as they slept in the same bed.

READ ALSO: 2-Month-Old Baby Boy Suffocated To His Death While Sleeping On His Dad’s Chest

Her mother, Sara Talbot, immediately took the girl to the emergency room, but it was too late. Little Amelia passed away.

According to a toxicology report, there was a drug in the baby’s blood stronger than morphine, which caused a reduction in breathing and blood pressure and, as a result, a sudden death.

Warning to all parents!

Specialists explain that an effect of using a fentanyl opioid patch can be stronger than of morphine. The overdose can cause seizures, hard breathing, and reduction in blood pressure, which can be dangerous for adults and fatal for kids.

It is highly recommended to apply pain relief patches only according to a doctor’s prescription.

buritos / Shutterstock.com

After the tragedy that happened to her sweet daughter, Amelia’s mother warns other parents about the danger of using pain relief patches while sharing a bed with a baby.

We want to thank the family for sharing their story and hope this tragic incident will raise awareness among other parents. Take care of yourself and your children!

READ ALSO: Mother Of A 7-Month-Old Baby Warns Other Parents After Her Son's Pacifier Left Severe Burns On His Face

Skin