18-Month-Old Boy Could Lose His Life After Drinking Baby Oil. His Mother Warns Other Parents About The Danger

A mother is warning other parents about a hidden danger after her 18-month-old son was taken to the emergency room from drinking baby oil.

Warning post

Casey and JennaJoy Ingraham will remember this day for the rest of their lives, the day when their child was taken to the ER.

READ ALSO: Don't Let People Kiss Your Baby: Woman Shares The Photos Of Her Sick Baby To Warn Other Parents

It was a regular morning in the Ingraham family. JennaJoy’s husband, Casey, went to the bathroom to take a shower. Their youngest son, Graysen, followed him.

Suddenly, Casey heard his son coughing. He noticed the boy holding a bottle of baby oil and making a yucky face. The parents realized he accidentally swallowed a bit of it, but didn’t think it could hurt their son.

Later that day, Casey and JennaJoy noticed there was something wrong with their usually active and joyful boy. Graysen sat quietly on the couch and refused to eat. Suddenly, the child fell down on the floor, his eyes were closed.

The frightened parents called the poison control service, which urged them to take Graysen to the hospital.

JennaJoy recalled that moment in her Facebook post:

I was horrifically scared. I was confused. I started to panic because I didn’t realize baby oil was such poison. We put it on our kids, it’s specifically made for children.

Doctors explained that drinking baby oil is equivalent to drinking gasoline. Fortunately, little Graysen is doing fine now. He was released from the hospital, and his parents hope he will forget about the sad accident.

Mrs. Ingraham decided to raise public awareness of the problem via an emotional post. She wrote:

I also really feel the need to spread the word of how dangerous that little bottle all new Mommies get at their baby shower or have next to the bath or changing table actually can be.

We want to thank the Ingraham family for sharing their experience and warning other parents.

READ ALSO: Midwife Mother Delivers Her Own Baby Via C-Section: “I Pulled My Own Baby Out!”

How to store household chemicals and medicines safe from kids

Dear adults, please read and follow this safety guide to protect your children from the possible dangers:

18-Month-Old Boy Could Lose His Life After Drinking Baby Oil. His Mother Warns Other Parents About The Danger18-Month-Old Boy Could Lose His Life After Drinking Baby Oil. His Mother Warns Other Parents About The Danger18-Month-Old Boy Could Lose His Life After Drinking Baby Oil. His Mother Warns Other Parents About The DangerMonkey Business Images / Shutterstock.com

  1. Store all medicines and household chemicals out of children’s reach.
  2. Keep food (especially candies) separate from medicines.
  3. Products, like eye drops and vitamins, should be stored a safe distance from kids.
  4. Install safety locks on cabinets that contain chemicals and pills.
  5. Talk to your children and explain that they should never taste anything unusual before showing it to you.

18-Month-Old Boy Could Lose His Life After Drinking Baby Oil. His Mother Warns Other Parents About The Danger18-Month-Old Boy Could Lose His Life After Drinking Baby Oil. His Mother Warns Other Parents About The Danger18-Month-Old Boy Could Lose His Life After Drinking Baby Oil. His Mother Warns Other Parents About The Dangerrizzle / Shutterstock.com

18-Month-Old Boy Could Lose His Life After Drinking Baby Oil. His Mother Warns Other Parents About The Danger18-Month-Old Boy Could Lose His Life After Drinking Baby Oil. His Mother Warns Other Parents About The Danger18-Month-Old Boy Could Lose His Life After Drinking Baby Oil. His Mother Warns Other Parents About The DangerRita Baker / Shutterstock.com

Keep your children safe!

READ ALSO: Mom Warns Other Parents After Her Baby Son Almost Choked To Death On Common Baby Product Twice In Two Months


This article is solely for informational purposes. Do not self-diagnose or self-medicate, and in all cases consult a certified healthcare professional before using any information presented in the article. The editorial board does not guarantee any results and does not bear any responsibility for any harm that may result from using the information provided in the article.