Beware Of Illegal Substances: 14-Year-Old Girl Lost Her Life After Taking Super-Strength Pills Sold On Social Media For A Pocket Money Price

We won’t get tired of reminding everyone not to take their good health for granted. In most cases, our own irresponsibility and negligence are the main causes of serious health issues, which can lead to fatal consequences.

A teenage girl lost her life after taking uncertified pills sold on social media for a pocket money price.

SR Studio / Shutterstock.com

Bethany’s story

Bethany Devlin-McCrone from Greasby, Wirral was just 14 years old when she lost her life due to a heartbreaking mistake.

Bethany was found breathless in her house after she took super-strength pills, which she reportedly bought via a Snapchat for as little as £5.

READ ALSO: It Wasn't Just A Bruise: A Black Widow's Bite Sent A 5-Year-Old Girl To Hospital. What To Do In Such Situations?

The Merseyside Police investigated the case and said the girl died from "adverse reaction" to the illegal substance, The Liverpool Echo reported.  

eoderpahn / Shutterstock.com

A spokesman for the police, Nick Gunatilleke, addressed to all students and their parents via his statement in The Liverpool Echo. He said:  

We would ask every single parent, talk to your children. When they are having sleepovers, when they are with their friends, when they are going to parties, when they are going to the park, talk to your children. Give them the confidence to say no. They do not know what effect a drug is going to have on their body.

Ruslan Sinitzin / Shutterstock.com

How to avoid dangerous drug mistakes

When you buy pills without prescription, you do not know what is in that drug. Experts named several most common drug mistakes that can be dangerous or even fatal for people:

READ ALSO: 10 Wonderful Tips To Help You Lose Weight Without Dieting

Ruslan Sinitzin / Shutterstock.com

1. Mixing drugs with alcohol.

2. Taking controlled substances without a prescription.

3. Mixing several substances at one time.

4. Not taking medications as directed. Always follow a certified specialist’s instructions for taking a particular drug!

5. Not asking questions. Make sure to ask: “What is this for? Is it not indicated for use with any of the other medications I have?" etc.

Orhan Production / Shutterstock.com

Unfortunately, one simple mistake can have life-changing consequences. Do not neglect your own health! Be safe!

READ ALSO: Rep Says Demi Lovato Is Feeling Better Now After Apparent Overdose. But What Really Happened?


This article is solely for informational purposes. Do not self-diagnose or self-medicate, and in all cases consult a certified healthcare professional before using any information presented in the article. The editorial board does not guarantee any results and does not bear any responsibility for any harm that may result from using the information provided in the article.

Money Social Media War Media
We recommend