10 Quotes About Strength From Iconic People That Will Motivate You To Deal With Problems
Sometimes, life sets extreme challenges for you to face. Sometimes, however, it’s you, who creates difficulties on your own road. In either case, you need to be strong to be able to overcome any problems in your life. In order to become one, you want to offer you a few quotes about strength from famous people. We believe that the easiest way to achieve success is to learn from those who have already succeeded in life. But first, let’s talk a little bit about mental strength. Why do we need it?
No one wants to feel vulnerable or having no control over a situation. And in such scenarios, most of us would be happy to obtain at least a false sense of security and control. However, that’s not good enough for successful people. They have that strength inside to look their fear right into the eye and overcome it. They always do what has to be done, no matter what the circumstances are. Here are the best quotes about finding strength in hard times.
10 quotes about strength
1. One of the greatest bodybuilders ever to be born, Arnold Schwarzenegger, has definitely faced a lot of struggles and pain on his way to greatness. And these obstacles are exactly the things that made him stronger. Accept every challenge and never surrender!
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.
2. One of the most powerful female singers of our time, Pink, often writes songs not only about love but also about strength. The mother of two has surely faced a lot of struggles in her life and now can share some pieces of advice with others.
I like feeling strong. It keeps my mental floor higher.
3. One of the greatest Chinese philosophers, Lao Tzu, also known as Laozi, believed that strength comes from love. Lao Tzu was a father of Taoism, which is both religion and philosophy.
Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.
4. The 14th Dalai Lama, the leader of the Tibetan people, believes it is peace and harmony inside the person, which can grow strength. Such harmony can be achieved through long meditation practices.
Calm mind brings inner strength and self-confidence, so that's very important for good health.
5. The next quote about strength was made by arguably the strongest woman ever, Mother Teresa, who devoted her life to help others in need and bring peace into this world.
Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies.
6. Perhaps Marcus Aurelius was not the best Roman emperor, yet he definitely was the wisest one. Known as the Philosopher, Aurelius, contributed to this world with notes on his life rather than with endless wars and spilled blood.
You have power over your mind - not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.
7. One of the most notable self-help authors, Oliver Napoleon Hill, certainly knew how to achieve success. It was through life struggles. Hill believed that the best way of overcoming difficulties was with the help of fervid expectations.
Strength and growth come only through continuous effort and struggle.
Jacob_09 / Shutterstock.com
8. Every Olympic champion had a rough path to glory, and Shawn Johnson is no exception to this. She won a gold medal in artistic gymnastics. Shawn believes that gymnastics taught her everything in life.
Stay strong. Stand up. Have a voice.
9. One of the most controversial Prime Ministers of the United Kingdom, Winston Churchill, was definitely one of the greatest motivational speakers of all time. It was his voice that sent men and boys to fight for the country. It was his voice that engendered hope in their hearts.
This is no time for ease and comfort. It is time to dare and endure.
10. Courage and strength are two integral qualities of a successful person. Napoleon Bonaparte believed, however, that it is more important to have courage even when you lack strength.
Courage isn't having the strength to go on - it is going on when you don't have strength.
Paul Delaroche / via Wikimedia Commons
Do you agree with every quote, or maybe you have a different opinion? We hope that regardless of the answer, we were able to inspire you or show you different ways of perceiving life. Of course, these ten quotes about strength are just a drop in the ocean of wisdom, but even if they helped just one person, we are happy! Share this article with your friends and help them find their inner strength. We sincerely believe that everyone has it!