LIFESTYLE & COMMUNITY

Woman Suffered From Unknown Illness For 10 Years Until Contractors Found She Was Being Poisoned

Date July 11, 2019 10:54

Modern medicine might be highly advanced but it doesn’t mean that doctors know answers to everything. Many patients are being misdiagnosed and some of them puzzle the professionals with mysterious symptoms.

Woman Suffered From Unknown Illness For 10 Years Until Contractors Found She Was Being PoisonedWoman Suffered From Unknown Illness For 10 Years Until Contractors Found She Was Being PoisonedBranislav Nenin / Shutterstock.com

People can go months and even years without knowing what is wrong with them. 41-year-old Kathi Wilson from Indiana used to be one of them.

Mysterious illness

For 10 long years, Kathi Wilson was suffering from an illness that left her feeling extreme fatigue. The 41-year-old couldn’t walk properly so she had to use a cane.

Her symptoms, which included muscle ache and malaise, were only getting worse with time and nobody had any idea what was wrong with her.

Wilson’s doctor was left baffled as she couldn’t figure out why her patient was feeling so sick. Kathi tried numerous medications but nothing helped. She was ready to give up until a team of home construction workers saved her life.

The contractors, who were hired to remodel the woman’s bathroom, discovered that the furnace and water heater in her home were not installed correctly. It led to a small amount of carbon monoxide leaking out.

Clear and odorless gas, which has a reputation of silent killer, had been slowly poisoning Wilson. After the contractors fixed the problem, Kathi returned to a normal life and now she is happy, healthy, and full of energy.

How to protect your family from carbon monoxide poisoning

Make sure to get your home heating systems regularly checked by a professional. Don’t use a charcoal grill, oven, or gas range for heating.

Woman Suffered From Unknown Illness For 10 Years Until Contractors Found She Was Being PoisonedWoman Suffered From Unknown Illness For 10 Years Until Contractors Found She Was Being PoisonedRalf Geithe / Shutterstock.com

Be aware of the carbon monoxide poisoning symptoms, which include dizziness, nausea, headache, fatigue, sleepiness, and vomiting. If those symptoms occur, get outside as soon as possible and then call 911.