3 Gorgeous And Sweet Apple Desserts You Could Eat In Any Season. They Are Tantalizing!
January 31, 2019 10:02 By Fabiosa
‘An apple a day keeps the doctor away’ is just one of the many sayings that have praised fruits for their nutritious power and numerous health benefits.
However, despite the fact that most people know about apples many remain oblivious of its great benefits to their bodies. Experts find that since apples are filled with many nutrients, they aid in weight loss, lower the risks of diabetes, and promote good gut bacteria among other benefits.
From these examples alone, it would surely seem that apples can indeed keep you away from the doctor!
3 awesome apple desserts that can be eaten in any season
Since we have established that apples are great for you, it is also true that sometimes you might get tired of eating the fruit. To spice things up, here are three of the best apple desserts that you can enjoy at any time while guaranteeing that you meet your daily nutrient needs.
To make this tasty dessert, you will need 10 cups of apples (peeled and sliced), 1tbsp ground cinnamon, 1 cup of quick-cooking oats, all-purpose flour, white sugar, and brown sugar (1 cup each), ¼ tbsp. baking powder, and ½ cup of melted butter.
- First, preheat the oven to 350F. Next, place the sliced apples in a pan and after mixing the white sugar, 1 tbsp of flour and ground cinnamon together, sprinkle the mixture over them.
- Combine the oats, 1 cup of flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and melted butter together.
- Take the resulting mixture and crumble evenly on the apple mixture then bake at 350F for 45 minutes.
Baked apples with oatmeal filling
For this baked sweetness, you will require 4 apples, 1 cup of rolled oats, 1 tbsp ground cinnamon, ¼ cup brown sugar, and ¼ cup butter.
- First, preheat the oven to 350F. Core each apple to make a large well in the center and then arrange them on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Next, mix the oats, cinnamon, brown sugar; cut in butter until they are evenly combined. Then spoon ¼ of the oat mixture into each apple.
- Then bake in the preheated oven for about 30 minutes until the apples are tender and the filling is bubbling.
Just as the name suggests, the apple roses look like roses but they also require a tad bit of work.
For this cake, you will need juice from ½ lemon, 1 puff of pastry sheet (defrosted), 3 tbsps of unsalted butter, 1 tbsp ground cinnamon, 3 tbsp granulated sugar, 1/3 cup raisins, ½ cup chopped pecans, ¼ cup powdered sugar, 2-3 Stemilt apples, as well as flour and butter.
- Preheat the oven 350F. Then take a 6-cup muffin pan and butter and lightly flour it.
- Use a mandolin to place a cored and trimmed apple cut-side down on slicer and repeat with the second apple then place the rings on a microwave safe dish, drizzle with lemon, and cover with a paper towel.
- Combine the sugar and cinnamon together and set the mixture aside. Next, lightly dust your working surface with flour, flatten the pastry sheet while cut into 1/3 along the 3-panel fold marks to create 3 rectangles. The rolled sheets should be approximately 12 by 5 inches and 3/8 inches thick.
- Next, brush the strips of pastry with melted butter then top with 1/3 of raisins, a 1/3 of pecans divided evenly between 2 strips then raise them into a dough.
- Place the apple rings (from step 2) into a microwave for 20 seconds and after removing, slice all rings by half, preferably while stacked to create ‘moons’ or halves.
- Layer these apple moons along the pastry strip overlapping each by half while folding the rows of overlapping slices to form a rose. This process should be repeated over and again and once rolled pull the exposed end of the dough to seal the rose at its base.
- Bake at the center of the oven for 30-40 minutes until they are lightly golden.
Even though this recipe is a little bit harder to master compared to the other two, the tasty end product makes it all worth it.
The best way to prepare your apples for eating or cooking
Most people are very conscious about what they eat and when it comes to fruits, consuming them when clean is a top priority. But, is water enough to get rid of all pesticides and bacteria?
According to scientists, the surest way to ensure that your apples are completely clean is by using baking soda which gets rid of all the impurities. The next time you are cleaning your apples, add a tablespoon of baking soda in two cups of water and let them soak for 15 minutes. This method eliminates almost all chemicals that might be present and it’s the cleanest you can get.
Also, remember to share this method with others to promote a thorough way to enjoy the sweet and nutritious benefits of apples.