Anti-Viruses Can Be Quite Annoying. How To Stop Avast Email Signature?
January 22, 2019 16:18 By Fabiosa
Viruses can surely turn even the best computers and laptops into worthless bricks. And unfortunately, you can get them on your device really easily. You may not even notice how your computer becomes infected. That is exactly why so many people use anti-viruses. These programs can prevent the nasty viruses from getting into your device and corrupting it. And although they are definitely designed for good purposes, anti-viruses can be oh so annoying. Today, we will talk about Avast and one specific issue, which can easily make this wonderful program an instant turn-off.
How to stop Avast email signature
Although Avast is by far one of the best free anti-viruses on the market, it can be really annoying, especially when it comes to emails. The thing is that the program creates a special email signature on your every sent letter. This signature means that the letter has been check by Avast and contains no viruses. It is used to reassure the receiver that their computer will not get infected and that the letter is not a spam message. Some users may find that really frustrating. Therefore, we want to show you how to turn off this feature.
- Open your Avast client by right-clicking the icon in the bottom right corner of your screen and selecting “Open Avast user interface”.
- Go to the Settings option by clicking on the gear icon.
- Search for “Enable Avast email signature” and uncheck the box.
- It may be useful to check other options.
- Confirm and restart your computer.
- All done. From now on Avast should not put the signature into the letters.
Typically, this feature is on by default, which is a really good reason to be annoyed. But as you can see, it is super easy to stop Avast from inserting its signature into your outgoing emails.
mirtmirt / Shutterstock.com
What to do if Avast mail shield blocks emails?
There’s another common issue with Avast and emails. The anti-virus can often block clean emails by mistake. It can consider than dangerous for your computer or detect viruses in them. In order to disable this function, you will need to follow a simple instruction.
- Go to your Avast user interface.
- Click on the Real Time Shield button.
- Go to the Mail Shield feature.
- The next step is to select the Expert Settings option.
- Click on SSL Accounts and change Encryption to “None”.
- All done. Now, Avast shouldn’t block the incoming letters.
Sharaf Maksumov / Shutterstock.com
The logic is similar and applicable to other anti-viruses, so if you encountered the same issues but have different software, this guide might come in handy. Nowadays, nearly every option and feature is customizable so that you could have full control over the program. And in many cases, you don’t even have to be an expert to be able to do that!