How To Draw Eyebrows On Paper: Learning How To Draw
January 17, 2019 12:23 By Fabiosa
Psychologists suggest that learning new things can not only bring you lots of positive emotions but also improve your cognitive abilities and even slow down the development of different mental diseases. You can learn a new recipe or dance moves. There are so many other things you can learn, like taking piano courses or simply learn how to draw. As for the latter, drawing is especially great for introverts and people who don’t have a lot of spare time. And today we want to teach you how to draw one specific thing – the eyebrows. And probably a bonus one.
Bondar Illia / Shutterstock.com
How to draw arched eyebrows on paper
Drawing eyebrows can be really challenging, but with some patience and practice, you can truly master it in no time. After all, this skill is very important if you want to learn how to draw beautiful and realistic faces. There are many tutorials on how to do it, thus we will start with the simplest one.
- First off, draw the eyes and then, follow with a simple curved shadowline above it. This curve line is your future eyebrow.
- Make the line thicker by adding more rugged lines along the contour.
- The final step is to add volume and correct any minor flaws.
charless / Shutterstock.com
Another tutorial suggests that you need to draw the form of the eyebrows first and then fill it with a pencil, pen, or marker. It starts pretty much like the previous tutorial.
- Draw a curved line above the eye. It will be the base of the eyebrow.
- Add volume and draw the form of the eyebrow based on the previous line.
- Color the form and correct the minor flaws.
Helea / Shutterstock.com
How to draw eyelashes (bonus)
Every woman knows how important good-looking eyelashes are. Although they constitute only a small part of the eye, they emphasize the shape of the eye and make it look truly feminine. Assuming you’ve already drawn the eye, check out how to draw the eyelashes.
- First, draw the presumable thickness of the upper eyelid.
- Start shadowlining the eyelashes from the base of the eye. The eyelashes have different thickness, meaning each one is thicker at the bottom. They should be relatively thinner at the tips. You can get the effect by starting firmly with the pencil and then gradually lowering the pressure.
- Now draw the thickness of the lower eyelid. It should be pretty much the same as the upper one.
- Shadowline the lower eyelashes. Typically, they are lighter and shorter. They are also rather sparse.
Every single day is given to us to get experience. And it is often up to us to choose whether it should be positive or negative, new or old, challenging or comforting, etc. Learning how to draw is definitely a pleasant and useful skill. Drawings can live forever. Maybe this beautiful reason could encourage you to start.