How To Prevent iMessages From Accidentally Appearing: Signing Out Of Account
February 7, 2019 16:23 By Fabiosa
One of the main advantages of any Apple product is an incredibly user-friendly interface. It is clear that the company set this goal as the number one priority. However, it is almost impossible to combine thousands of features and options and ease of use in one device. Probably that is the reason behind the integration of some essential functions on all devices. One of the most successful examples of such idea is iMessage.
Neirfy / Shutterstock.com
How to sign out of messages on Mac
Why would anyone want to sign out of their iMessage account? There are many reasons, but the most common one is that people don’t want to receive the same message on their other devices. And if you are reading this article, chances are you also want to prevent those messages from popping up on your Mac before your iPhone. Unfortunately, it might be a bit challenging. But don’t worry, simply follow a small guide on how to sign out on iPhone or iPad.
- Tap the device Settings icon, which looks like grey gears.
- Go to the Messages tab.
- The next step is to go to Send & Receive.
- Tap the Apple ID field and sign out of your iMessage account.
franz12 / Shutterstock.com
In case you want to log out of your account on Mac, you have to follow a bit different instructions.
- Go to your Messages app. You can find it on your desktop or dock.
- Click on the Messages button at the left top and choose Preferences.
- Now go to the Accounts tab.
- Choose your account if it’s not already selected (highlighted in blue).
- Click the Sign Out button.
Vasin Lee / Shutterstock.com
You can also uncheck the box that reads “Enable this account.” This will prevent the app from sending or receiving any messages. Hopefully, we’ve answered your question and helped you turn off this feature. Modern devices offer thousands of possibilities, but you don’t always need all of them. This is why it is so important to know how to disable them.