14-Year-Old Girl Dies After Being Trapped In A Bathroom During House Fire
June 7, 2018 13:56 By Fabiosa
A 14-year-girl died on Sunday in a horrible house fire incident. The teenager was locked in her bathroom, while flames engulfed her.
Vadim Ratnikov / Shutterstock.com
Teen girl was killed during a house fire
On Sunday, a fatal tragedy took place in a Florida house. 14-year-old Skylar Farej was killed after being trapped in her bathroom during the house fire.
At the moment of tragedy, Skylar was at home with one of her friends, her mother, and brother. When the fire happened, Skylar’s friend jumped from a balcony of the third floor. Her mother and brother also managed to escape.
Teen Girl Dies After Being Trapped in Bathroom During House Fire: 'I Couldn't Get To Her,' Says Mom https://t.co/TLvklkpZ6z— MSN Canada (@MSNca) June 6, 2018
The girl locked in the bathroom when flames surrounded her. Her mom tried to go upstairs when the fire started but just couldn’t.
I just woke up to my son screaming that the house was on fire and we just had to get everybody out.
Knumina Studios / Shutterstock.com
When firefighters arrived at the place, they found the victim unconscious in a critical condition. Skylar was immediately taken to a hospital where she died of severe injuries.
After the fatal tragedy, her family launched a fundraising page to cover funerary expenses.
How to survive during a house fire
There are several useful rules all people should know to protect their lives during a house fire:
1. Make a home fire escape plan and practice it with the whole family.
Pixoozz / Shutterstock.com
2. If you notice the fire at your house, immediately call a fire department. Make sure you have their number in your speed dial.
3. Closing doors on your way out slows the spread of fire, giving you more time to safely escape.
ambrozinio / Shutterstock.com
4. Cover your mouth and nose with a wet piece of textile to prevent a smoke from getting into your lungs.
5. Do not lose sight of your kids during a home fire. Make sure they left a house and stay on the safe distance from the dangerous spot.