3 Tricky Ways To Hide Silver Strands Without Dying Them
September 4, 2019 02:05 By Fabiosa
No matter how bad we want to look young forever, aging is inevitable, which means that our hair will turn gray sooner or later. Of course, it depends on a person, as some start graying in their twenties while others get their first gray hairs in their fifties. But regardless of age, dealing with gray hair is not fun at all!
goodluz / Shutterstock.com
Even if you decide to dye it, there are times when you get too busy and then notice that your roots are silvery again. But before getting another dye session, consider these quick tips to hide your gray hair with things that you already own:
1. Cover up with dry shampoo.
Don’t panic when your roots are marked by grays again. Instead, reach out for a dry shampoo. Often, it comes in different tints that can help you conceal your silvery streaks.
SlayStorm / Shutterstock.com
2. Makeup is not only for your eyes.
You probably have eyeshadows, concealers, and eyeliners, but you might not have known that these products come in handy. For example, you can use eye shadows or brow pencils that match your hair color to cover the grays up. Or, you can opt for a concealer of a darker shade and no one will realize your roots are gray.
Room's Studio / Shutterstock.com
3. What about headgear?
Ranging from stylish headbands and scarfs to comfy beanies, you can hide most of your gray hair beneath them.
Claudia Paulussen / Shutterstock.com
Any other pieces of advice?
You might embrace your silver strands or try to cover them, but there are still things to avoid doing if you have gray hair.
1. Don’t pluck it, as it will grow out as coarse and white as it was before. Besides, by plucking, you can cut hair from the blood supply, which means that it might not grow back again.
tinglee1631 / Shutterstock.com
2. Don’t wash your hair every day, it makes it more prone to breakage! It’s also important not to use the same shampoo over and over again because your hair needs change (just like we all sometimes do!).
LarsZ / Shutterstock.com
3. Don’t skip the regular trimming if you want to make your silver strands less obvious.
Tell us, how do you deal with gray hair?
This material is provided for informational purposes only. Some of the products and items discussed in this article may cause an allergic reaction and damage your health. Before use, consult a certified technician/specialist. The editorial board is not responsible for any harm or other consequences that may be caused by the use of the methods, products or items described in this article.