5 Delicious Warm Soups To Try This Winter
December 21, 2017 17:26 By Fabiosa
Winter is the time when you look for something to warm you. It may be a cup of hot tea, a hug from your loved one, or a bowl of tasty warm soup.
Below are 5 delicious recipes for vegetable soups you can eat with a spoon. Beware! These soups can cause a serious addiction!
Anna Chavdar / Shutterstock.com
All housewives can cook vegetable soups using frozen vegetables. Go home from work, add some boiling water, and the soup is ready. And of course, your family members will eat your soup with great pleasure.
But why not spend a day off and cook something unusual; a traditional Italian minestrone soup, for example? It is quite inexpensive and much tastier than the mixture in soup packages.
- ½ onion;
- ½ medium carrot;
- 100 g of celery root;
- 20 g of celery stalk;
- 100 g of zucchini;
- 100 g of eggplant;
- 1 bay leaf;
- 5 pieces of bell pepper;
- 1 garlic clove;
- 2 liters of water;
- olive oil and salt (to taste).
- Cut the celery root, carrots and onions into large cubes. Fry them in a frying pan without oil until the vegetables begin to caramelize. While the vegetables are frying, you need to stir them.
- Place a pan of water on the fire. When the liquid boils, add the caramelized vegetables, bay leaf, bell pepper, celery stalk and garlic clove. The latter must be crushed using the flat side of the knife. Cook the mixture for 20 minutes.
- Peel the zucchini and eggplant and cut them into small pieces. Add the vegetable pieces to the soup and let it cook for 10 more minutes.
- Remove large pieces of celery, carrots, and onions from the broth. Make sure that the remaining small pieces are not cooked too much.
AS Food studio / Shutterstock.com
If your family members are lovers of beans, you should definitely consider cooking fasolada for them. This is a traditional bean soup, which is very popular in Greece and Cyprus. This kind of soup was widely cooked in Ancient Greece. There are similar dishes in Turkish cuisine, as well as in some Arab countries.
- 350 g of white beans;
- 2 medium-sized carrots;
- 1 celery stalk;
- 1 tbsp. of tomato paste;
- 250 g of tomatoes in juice;
- 1 onion;
- parsley, oregano, salt, pepper (to taste).
- Before cooking, soak the beans for 8 hours. Then drain the water, put the beans in boiling water, and cook until half cooked.
- Meanwhile, cook the sauce. Fry the finely chopped onions, add crushed celery stems and fry the mass for 3 minutes. Add crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, oregano, and parsley. Cook for 10 minutes. Then season the mixture with salt, pepper, and sugar.
- Put the beans in boiling water and add sliced carrots. When the beans and carrots are cooked, add the resulting sauce to the mixture. Mix everything well.
3. Cheese soup with mushrooms
Julia Sedaeva / Shutterstock.com
Cheese soups belong to European cuisine. The main distinguishing feature of these soups is the pronounced taste of cheese. If you want to surprise your family with something unusual in taste, you should definitely cook this one!
- 350 g of mushrooms;
- 1 onion;
- 3 medium-sized potatoes;
- 2 tbsp. of vegetable oil;
- 3 slices of processed cheese;
- salt, pepper (to taste);
- 3 liters of water.
- Put a pot of water and medium cubes of potatoes on the heat. After the water starts boiling, cook for another 15 minutes. In the meantime, fry the chopped onion in vegetable oil. Add the sliced mushrooms and cook until ready.
- Add the mushrooms and onions, as well as the cubes of processed cheese to the potatoes. Cook for 5 more minutes. Season with salt and pepper. But try not to overdo with salt. Don't forget to add greens.
4. Pumpkin cream soup
Anna_Pustynnikova / Shutterstock.com
The best way to keep warm in winter is to eat a bowl of pumpkin soup. To make your soup really tasty, you need to use the right spices. Ginger powder and garlic or curry powder are excellent choices!
- 500 g of pumpkin;
- 1 carrot;
- 1 onion;
- 1 cup of 30 % fat cream;
- 5 ml of sunflower oil;
- 10 g of chopped parsley;
- salt, pepper;
- spices (optional).
- Peel the pumpkin and remove the seeds. Cut it into small pieces and put the pieces into boiling water. Add some salt and pepper and cook for 15 minutes.
- Grate the carrots and finely chop the onions. Fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the vegetables to the pumpkin and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Puree in a blender and pour it back into the pan. Add the cream and mix the soup.
5. Mercimek Corbasi
cucu bab / Shutterstock.com
This Turkish red lentil soup is a very interesting dish that will be appreciated by lovers of pulses. There are millions of options for the preparation of this soup. Each housewife has her own way of cooking the dish. We offer you a healthy version of the dish!
- 100 g of red lentils;
- 1 liter of water;
- 100 ml of olive oil;
- 50 of onions;
- 50 g of carrots;
- 30 ml of lemon juice;
- 4 g of mint;
- salt, red chili pepper, spices (to taste).
- Grate the carrots and finely chop the onions. Fry the vegetables in oil until they are caramelized.
- Wash the lentils, put them into a pan and add the fried vegetables. Pour water and put the pan on the fire.
- When the water boils, reduce the heat and cook for another 10 minutes with the lid on
- Add salt, spices, and mint. In addition, eating mint is very useful for your health.
- Blend the finished soup. Afterwards, pour the mixture back into the pan, place it on the fire and bring to a boil.
- Add lemon juice.
If you liked any of the 5 soups, save the recipe for yourself! You can also share this post with your friends and help them to surprise their family members with tasty warm soups.