5 Signs For A Driver That It's Time To Turn To The Sidewalk To Avoid An Accident
February 16, 2018 19:00 By Fabiosa
On average, every fifth accident on the road is due to drivers who have fallen asleep or have experienced drowsiness at the wheel. And most often it happens in the dark period. Therefore, in order to protect yourself and passengers from an accident, do not drive while being tired. In this article, we will tell you what to do in order not to fall asleep while driving.
altafulla / Shutterstock.com
5 Signs that indicate that the driver needs to stop to rest:
1. It is difficult for him to answer simple questions.
A passenger can ask to multiply numbers or solve a riddle. If the driver can’t answer simple questions like "How much longer do you have to go?" or "What did you do last weekend?", then it means he is tired.
2. The driver allows minor violations.
Don't you switch the main beam headlights to dipped-beam headlamps? So, it's time to stop.
3. Eyelids are getting heavier.
Each subsequent blinking becomes more and more durable.
4. Vision begins to deceive you.
Objects start blurring or even seem to be something else, and it becomes increasingly difficult to determine the distance to the next sign.
5. Feeling of anxiety and irritability.
You feel unhappy without any apparent reason.
To overcome drowsiness and fatigue, use the following tips:
- have a snack and always take nuts, seeds, popcorn, candies or chewing gum with you;
- warm up and make stops every 1.5-2 hours and do some exercises because physical exercises will improve blood circulation in the body, and you will feel more energetic;
- listen to the music and make a playlist of favorite tracks and do not forget to sing along;
- open the car window for a few minutes and run some fresh air;
- stop and sleep for 20-25 minutes, it will be enough to cheer up a little;
- drink coffee or a strong tea and if it doesn’t replace you a full sleep, but the caffeine contained in these drinks will help to cheer up;
- talk to the passengers since an interesting conversation stimulates the brain;
- plan your departure time and avoid long trips in the evening and at night;
- do not think about your desire to sleep;
- drink more water because when the body is dehydrated, you feel yourself tired and sleepy.
chombosan / Shutterstock.com
As soon as you feel tired, immediately move to the side of the road - it can save you and your passengers’ life.
This article is solely for informational purposes. Before using any of the information provided above, consult a certified specialist. Use of the information outlined above can be harmful to health. The editorial board does not guarantee any results and does not bear any responsibility for harm or other consequences that may result from the use of the information provided above.