Simple But Useful Tricks And Solutions To Restore Bras To Their Sparkling White Color
December 28, 2018 15:00 By Fabiosa
A true story: you’ve just bought a new snow-white bra, put it on once or twice, and it already starts changing its color to yellow or becomes stained. Clothing fibers, sweat, and deodorant all make the situation even worse. Of course, you might opt for something ivory instead, but if you love a classic look, there are some simple ways to keep your underwear white.
Fortunately, we know how to quickly restore white faded bras, T-shirts, and panties.
Irishasel / Shutterstock.com
Do not forget to protect your hands by wearing rubber gloves!
What you need:
- 2 liters of warm water;
- 2 tbsp. of table salt;
- 3 tbsp. of baking soda;
- 1 tbsp. of detergent.
What to do:
- Dissolve salt, soda and detergent in water.
- Soak the bra for 15 minutes. If the damage is real, you can even leave it there for 30 minutes.
- Then, wash it with your hands. Try to scrub stains as gently as possible. Rubbing stains furiously is a mistake!
- Rinse well in clean water and let it dry. Voilà!
Important! Do not let light clothes dry on the radiator. Most likely, there will be yellow spots that are hard to get rid of.
ilozavr / Shutterstock.com
What you need:
- 6 liters of warm water;
- 6 tbsp. of soda;
- 2 tbsp. of hydrogen peroxide;
- 2 tbsp. of ammonia.
What to do:
Dissolve all the ingredients in water; make sure you mix them well. Soak the bra (or T-shirts and panties) for three hours. Then, wash things with your hands, rinse, and let them dry.
Important! If you choose this solution, it’s better to bleach your underwear in a well-ventilated area, so open the window. Do not inhale vapors.
Druzhnieva Veronika / Shutterstock.com
And here are some tricks that can help you make sure your white bra does not yellow or stain:
- Do not wear it under dark clothes.
- Store white clothes separately from the colored one.
- Wait until the deodorant is absorbed, and then put a bra on.
- Use detergent for white clothes.
- Do not wash your underwear in hot water: it may turn gray.
- Hand wash is better than machine wash.
Do not deny yourself the pleasure of wearing white lace lingerie sets. Now, you know how to effectively restore them!
This material is provided for informational purposes only. Some of the products and items discussed in this article may cause an allergic reaction and damage your health. Before use, consult a certified technician/specialist. The editorial board is not responsible for any harm or other consequences that may be caused by the use of the methods, products or items described in this article.