Beloved Actors Of "Harry Potter", Then And Now
March 29, 2018 10:12 By Fabiosa
Time passes by, we get older. And despite the fact that our beloved characters from the favorite movies remain the same, actors who portrayed them change dramatically.
Joanne Rowling wrote her first Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone back in 1995. She couldn’t even dare to dream of the whole cinematic universe based on her books. But it happened. The first Harry Potter movie came out in theaters in 2001. Can you imagine it has been 17 years already?
The legendary story about the chosen boy who was studying at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and together with his friends tried to fight back evil. The leading actor, Daniel Radcliffe, was only 12 years old when he was signed to play Harry in the first movie. Let’s see how the actors who played the main characters have changed!
1. Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter), 28
2. Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley), 29
3. Emma Watson (Hermione Granger), 27
4. James and Oliver Phelps (Fred and George Weasley), 32
5. Tom Felton (Draco Malfoy), 30
6. Maggie Smith (Professor Minerva McGonagall), 83
7. Robbie Coltrane (Rubeus Hagrid), 67
8. Bonnie Wright (Ginny Weasley), 27
9. Gary Oldman (Sirius Black), 60
10. Michael Gambon (Professor Albus Dumbledore), 77
We would like to remind you about one of the greatest British actors, Alan Rickman, who portrayed Professor Severus Snape, and died in 2016 because of Pancreatic cancer. The actor starred in so many movies, and he showed master-class of acting in every one of them!
It is also worth noting that in the first two films, the role of Albus Dumbledore was played by another actor - Richard Harris. Richard passed away at the age of 72.
The saga of Harry Potter will always be loved and remembered, not only because it one of the best stories about magic but also because it teaches us that good always overcomes evil. Grab your popcorn, grab your friends, and run together a Harry Potter marathon!