Anal Itching: How To Cope With This Delicate Problem And What Causes It?
April 5, 2018 14:58 By Fabiosa
Itchy bottom is a delicate problem, which should not be ignored. An unpleasant feeling of irritation of the skin around the anus is not a disease, but a symptom that can indicate pathology.
bsd / Shutterstock.com
Following diseases can become a cause of the issue:
- worms (this problem is especially common among children);
- inadequate hygiene;
- bacterial infection (e.g., streptococcal);
- skin diseases (dermatitis, eczema, psoriasis).
ivector / Shutterstock.com
There are also trigger factors for such an unpleasant symptom. Among them:
- underwear fabric type (wool, synthetics can provoke an allergy);
- excessive sweating due to wearing tight clothes;
Pretty Vectors / Shutterstock.com
- anxiety, stress.
Nadya_Art / Shutterstock.com
Here are some tips that can help you soothe the irritated skin:
1. Thorough washing after each visit to the toilet will protect the damaged skin from infections.
MatooMe / Shutterstock.com
2. Avoid using fragrant soap and synthetic materials.
Macrovector / Shutterstock.com
3. Wear cotton underwear, as it doesn’t harm your skin.
4. Take herbal baths to soothe the irritated skin around the anus; you can use aloe vera, chamomile, calendula, or lavender. These herbs have anti-inflammatory properties.
Diseases of internal organs are the most dangerous, because often they cause generalized itching without any manifestations on the skin:
- liver diseases;
- thyroid gland diseases;
- chronic kidney failure.
Aksabir / Shutterstock.com
Do not self-medicate if you experience itching for more than a week! Sign up for a consultation with a specialist. This will prevent the further development of the disease. Stay healthy!
The material in this article is for informational purposes only. The editorial board does not guarantee any results and does not recommend that the reader rely fully on the information provided above.