Mom Warns Other Parents Of The Danger After Her Hair Nearly Strangled Her Child While Sleeping

Family & Kids

February 8, 2019 13:16 By Fabiosa

No doubt, people should be extremely careful with small children. Danger awaits almost everywhere. Sometimes even the parents themselves may pose a threat to their kids’ health or life.

Mom Warns Other Parents Of The Danger After Her Hair Nearly Strangled Her Child While SleepingTwin Design / Shutterstock.com

Lincoln’s case

35-year-old British woman Emma Lewis Chipili has recently shared on her Facebook page how she had almost accidentally strangled her child with her hair while in bed.

READ ALSO: 18-Month-Old Child Lost An Eye In A Drone Accident. What Safety Measures Can Prevent Such A Tragedy?

On January 29, the mother of 6 went to bed with her one-year-old son Lincoln. While sleeping that night, Emma felt her son began to twitch. When the woman opened her eyes, she saw that her hair was wrapped tightly around Lincoln’s neck.

Mom Warns Other Parents Of The Danger After Her Hair Nearly Strangled Her Child While Sleepingmother holding baby in her armsGolden Pixels LLC / Shutterstock.com

Chipili panicked and immediately tried to free her son. She tried in vain to stick her fingers under her hair to break the hold, but the boy began to choke as it got tighter. The British woman screamed so loud that her husband immediately came to help her and was able to free Lincoln.

READ ALSO: "My Biggest Regret In Life." Grieving Mother Warns All Parents After Her Little Girl Was Suffocated To Death By A Cuddly Toy

The woman said she always drew her hair back before bedtime, but that day she had it a little looser it because of a headache. Fortunately, Emma's son escaped with only fright and a red mark on his neck.

Mom Warns Other Parents Of The Danger After Her Hair Nearly Strangled Her Child While Sleepingwoman tie bun hair with hairbandkOtaNz / Shutterstock.com

Now Chipili warns other mothers about the danger that their hair represents to their children.

Earlier we wrote about a 2-month-old child who nearly lost four toes after mum's hair was wrapped around them. If it weren’t for the timely parents and doctors’ assistance, it would have required amputation.

Precautionary measures

Mom Warns Other Parents Of The Danger After Her Hair Nearly Strangled Her Child While Sleepingbrushes with hairTanyaKim / Shutterstock.com

To prevent accidents, we strongly recommend following these tips:

  • If you have long hair, draw it back while you have contact with children.
  • Regularly remove strands from combs and brushes.
  • Turn each piece of baby’s clothes inside out (for example, socks) to check for any hair.
  • Check the baby's clothes after washing.

Share this information with other parents. Perhaps one day it may help save their kids’ lives!

READ ALSO: Warning That Could Save A Life: 3-Year-Old Child Almost Strangled Because Of Window Blinds