Diseases And Conditions That Make It Difficult For A Woman To Become Pregnant
October 16, 2018 15:04
There are several factors that prevent pregnancy even with regular intercourse throughout the year (assuming there is a good sperm partner).
tommaso79 / Shutterstock.com
There are several reasons for female infertility, but the following diseases and conditions are most often the leading causes.
1. Various ovulation disorders:
- primary ovarian insufficiency (early menopause): in this case, the ovaries stop working, and menstruation ends before 40 years;
- polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS);
- hyperprolactinemia: if prolactin levels are abnormally high and the woman isn’t pregnant or breastfeeding, this may affect ovulation and fertility;
- poor egg quality: the older the woman, the higher the risk of miscarriage;
- problems with the thyroid gland: an overactive or inactive thyroid gland can cause hormonal imbalance;
- high cholesterol;
- chronic conditions: these include AIDS or cancer.