Tired Of Criticism! A Woman Who Doesn’t Mind Breastfeeding Her Daughter In Public Places Made A Provocative Photo Session
January 18, 2019 15:22 By Fabiosa
In the 21st century, most mothers can be easily called superheroes. In addition to raising their children, they don't drop out of the society for a few years. Such women go to exhibitions, festivals, travel a lot, and are even engage in business always keeping their children nearby. In this case, many modern mothers breastfeed their children; and the longer, the better. And now women are trying to defend their right to public breastfeeding.
Reka Nyari, a photographer from New York, was tired of the criticism and decided to post a few photos where she poses with her two-year-old daughter. She decided to defend her position and show that there is nothing to be ashamed of!
The woman says she has repeatedly been insulted because of this. One lady even called her disgusting when Reka fed the child on a plane. The woman notes that most often she is attacked with inappropriate pieces of advice and opinions.
Reka’s daughter is almost three years old. So, she is criticized not only for public nursing but also for breastfeeding a toddler. However, Nyari is sure it is too early to wean the baby yet.
And here is a photo where Reka expressed her protest on Instagram. She encourages society to be more accepting of breastfeeding.
I am an independent woman who's raising an independent child.
There is nothing more natural and healthy than mothers who breastfeed their children. I have been feeding my daughter for 2.5 years, and this is the most wonderful and warm experience I've had.
The family gathered for a party.
Your eyes are the stars. I wish we would leave you a better world. I worry about the legacy we leave to our children every day.
Not all members of society share Reka’s position. They think it is impossible to make everybody comfortable with public breastfeeding. However, breastfeeding counselor gives advice on how to this matter!
- Know your rights. You have a right to breastfeed in public places!
- Do what is comfortable for you. Do you want to breastfeed in a public place – go ahead! Are you shy? Then use a variety of devices. There are special blankets that can hide your breasts.
- Get ready before leaving. Stock up with all the necessary things that you may need for feeding.
- Enjoy. Caring about a baby is one of the best things in the world. Be proud of what you do.
- Don’t carry unnecessary bulky accessories for feeding.
- Don’t stay in places where the child will be distracted. Your main goal is to feed a child. Find a cozy place so that the baby isn’t distracted from the process. Do everything possible to make the child enjoy the meal.
- Don’t feed in the bathroom/toilet. Do you personally eat in the bathroom? Look for a quiet hall, corridor or bench outside. You can always find a better option than a restroom.
- Don’t be rude. Many mothers know how passers-by can react to breastfeeding. Stay composed and polite. Explain that you are just feeding your baby, and then turn away. Do not escalate and try to focus on yourself and the child.
- Don’t take up much space. Nursing mothers always have a lot of bags with them. Stack them up and keep them as close as possible.
People differ in their reaction to breastfeeding in public. What do you think about it? Share your opinions in the comments.