What Are The Benefits Of Chia Seeds And How To Cook Them?
June 18, 2018 11:37 By Fabiosa
Chia is a plant of Salvia hispanica, which grows in Latin America. Due to the unique nutritional composition with a relatively low caloric content, the seeds of this plant are widely used for food.
Chia seeds have a lot of beneficial effects for our organism as they contain:
- omega-3 fatty acids are the most important element for the cardiovascular system;
- protein is great for improving metabolism;
- calcium is strengthening bones and teeth;
- iron is helping to keep a high level of vitality;
- fiber is improving all digestive processes.
How to cook chia seeds?
If you cover them with water overnight, you can add the resulting jelly-like mass in soy or coconut milk, or yogurt (for children), as well as in vegetable smoothies and porridges during the day.
You can also treat yourself with a delicious and healthy breakfast - chia pudding.
- chia seeds – 3.5 oz (100 g);
- almond milk – 30 oz (850 g);
- coconut flakes - 3.5 oz (100 g);
- honey - 1 tbsp;
- strawberry – 1.7 oz (50 g);
- blueberry - 1.7 oz (50 g);
- raspberry - 1.7 oz (50 g);
- blackberry - 1.7 oz (50 g).
How to cook:
Cover chia seeds with almond milk, add coconut flakes and honey, mix thoroughly and put it all in the refrigerator overnight. In the morning, add fresh berries to finish the pudding.
As you see, chia seeds are not only full of useful substances but also are a great way to diversify your diet. Why don’t you share this information and recipes with your close ones?
This material is provided for informational purposes only. Some of the products and items discussed in this article may cause an allergic reaction and damage your health. Before use, consult a certified technician/specialist. The editorial board is not responsible for any harm or other consequences that may be caused by the use of the methods, products or items described in this article.