8 Pharmacy-Sold Supplements Instead Of Overpriced Anti-Wrinkle Creams
June 8, 2018 17:24 By Fabiosa
Have you ever read the contents of anti-wrinkle creams? One thing is clear – there is a good half of Mendeleyev's table, and the terms will probably confuse you. But you will definitely recognize such ingredients as water, vitamins, fatty acids, collagen, and hyaluronic acid.
All of them are sold in pharmacies, and they are way cheaper than fancy beauty products in jars. So is it worth overpaying extra zeros, if you can take excellent care on your own at an affordable price?
You only need to know which supplements help protect the skin from the effects of atmospheric phenomena (sun, frost, wind), which restore its elasticity, and which moisturize it. There are three main aspects of prolonging the youth of the skin: protection, regeneration, and replenishment.
First of all, you need to take care of the retention of moisture in the skin. Its absence dries the skin, makes it thinner, and leads to its premature aging.
The following products have strong protective properties:
- vitamin E in capsules, this is one of the most powerful antioxidants. In combination with vitamin C, it prevents aging of the skin. It is enough to use 1 capsule per day;
- vitamin A (retinol) in capsules helps the body to produce collagen and to maintain protective properties of the skin. The recommended dose is 1 capsule per day.
You can use a multivitamin product "AEVIT," which contains vitamins A and E.
- ferulic acid in the form of gel - in this form, it is better absorbed by the skin. It moisturizes and smoothes out the skin, stimulating the synthesis of collagen and elastin. It can be applied up to 3 times a week, avoiding the area around the eyes.
Since the collagen and elastin production slows down in the body with age, it becomes a necessity to facilitate their production.
The products for this include:
- bio-inspired hyaluronic acid can be used as a powder (0.4 tsp (2 g) per 1 oz (30 ml) liquid / water), and in ampoules (3-5 drops per 1 oz (30 ml) of base) for external application. After a while, the amount of wrinkles will noticeably decrease, the skin will become better moisturized and more elastic;
- cupuacu oil (similar to shea butter and cocoa butter) provides deep hydration due to high absorbing properties, meanwhile not clogging pores. This is a good alternative to lanolin. It is recommended to apply before bedtime or make a mask for 15-20 minutes, then wiping off the remains with a tissue.
Antioxidants are required to protect cells of the organism from external and internal exposure to toxic substances, and to prevent destruction of collagen. You can use the following products:
- coenzyme Q 10, which takes part in the production of energy in the heart muscle tissues, and offers protection against damages of free radicals. In addition, it helps to rejuvenate the skin, which is exactly what we need. The recommended dose is 1 capsule (0.46 gr (30 mg) of coenzyme) per day;
- lipoic acid (vitamin N). One capsule per day is enough to help the body resist toxic substances. Promotes collagen regeneration;
- vitamin C (ascorbic acid), the most familiar, widespread, and powerful antioxidant, without which the body won’t recover from stress. It is also needed to return attractive appearance to the skin after exposure to sun, wind, and frost.
Let us remind you that instead of overpriced products for removing makeup, you can use some oils: argan, almond, grape seed, and sesame. They are characterized by retaining moisture, making the skin soft and elastic, and slowing down aging. Cosmetologists use these oils to create creams and masks. Why don’t you use them for the same purposes?
Keep in mind, that for good results, it is essential to combine all the three components. Protection without regeneration and replenishment is pointless, same as other aspects on their own. Besides, all the supplements are affordable. You only need to make a schedule of skin care and follow it regularly.
This article is solely for informational purposes. Before using any of the information provided above, consult a certified specialist. Use of the information outlined above can be harmful to health. The editorial board does not guarantee any results and does not bear any responsibility for harm or other consequences that may result from the use of the information provided above.