20 Signs That You May Have Worms
May 14, 2019 13:36 By Fabiosa
Parasitic worms or helminths are around us as part of wildlife. This is normal and a person can peacefully coexist with them. But only as long as they don’t get inside the body and begin to multiply, causing various diseases. It can happen even to very healthy people if they violate the rules of personal hygiene, food processing, eating, and drinking. If this has happened, it’s time to sound the alarm.
Kateryna Kon / Shutterstock.com
Signs of parasitic infection
Here are signs that the body may be infected with parasites. Please note that many of the symptoms are found in other diseases as well, so a thorough examination is required.
2. Pain in muscles and joints.
3. Abdominal pain.
Metamorworks / Shutterstock.com
4. Chest pain.
5. Trouble sleeping.
tommaso79 / Shutterstock.com
6. Teeth grinding: You may wake up in the morning with a sore jaw – a sure sign that you were grinding teeth in your sleep.
7. Weight loss: If you are eating healthy and well, yet still losing weight, it is possible that parasites are consuming nutrients from the lumen of the small intestine before they enter into the bloodstream.
8. Anemia: Violating the integrity of the intestinal wall, parasitic worms can cause serious blood loss (often internal), which leads to anemia or iron deficiency.
BlurryMe / Shutterstock.com
9. Bleeding gums.
10. A cough.
11. Skin irritation: They can be of a different nature: a rash, weeping eczema, dermatitis, acne, ulcers. Also itching and burning around the mouth, nose, and anus.
Pumatokoh / Shutterstock.com
12. Eye disease.
14. Digestive problems: Bloating, flatulence, constipation, diarrhea, spasms, or spastic pain.
15. Food allergies.
16. Intestinal obstruction.
17. Inflammatory processes of the small and large intestine: Helminths reduce the local immunity of the intestinal mucosa, which is the main cause of pathological processes.
18. Nausea and vomiting.
19. Chronic fatigue.
GaudiLab / Shutterstock.com
20. Irritability and nervousness.
As you can see, there are a lot of symptoms. Moreover, they are typical for other diseases as well. Everybody should strictly observe personal hygiene to prevent helminths from entering the body and multiplying. The basic rules include washing ones hands after going to a restroom, handling animals, and eating; as well as boiling water before drinking.
This article is solely for informational purposes. Do not self-diagnose or self-medicate, and in all cases consult a certified healthcare professional before using any information presented in the article. The editorial board does not guarantee any results and does not bear any responsibility for any harm that may result from using the information provided in the article.