Health Problems Your Hands Can Reveal
November 9, 2018 09:34 By Fabiosa
You must have heard about palm reading. Eminent palm readers claim they can predict the future by looking at someone's hands. It sounds pretty unrealistic, but from a scientific point of view, this statement is actually not that far from the truth. It doesn’t take magic for your hands to reflect your state of health! Now you will learn about some common symptoms and their meaning.
What can your hands say about your health?
1. If your hands get numb or tingly, this can be a sign of an uncomfortable sleep position or a serious illness, like anemia, carpal tunnel syndrome, and the like. It is recommended to consult a doctor if this feeling persists for several days.
2. If your nails became raised and rounded, this can be a sign of serious heart diseases or some types of cancer. In no case should this symptom be ignored.
Casa nayafana / Shutterstock.com
3. Weakness in the hands may indicate the presence of cardiovascular diseases.
4. If one of your fingers sometimes doesn’t fully bend or straighten, this may be a sign of tendon inflammation. Most often, this problem affects people with arthritis, thyroid disease or diabetes, as well as those who do a lot of manual labor.
Africa Studio / Shutterstock.com
5. A rash or blisters on the hands can be a sign of allergies.
6. Red scales on the hands can be a sign of psoriasis. It can also be accompanied by changes in the shape of the nails and a yellow staining under them.
7. If your fingers sometimes turn pale, blue or red, this may be a sign of Raynaud's disease. Most often it occurs when a sick person is very cold or nervous.
8. Hand tremors may be a sign of a neurological condition. In the early stages of Parkinson's disease, tremor affects one of the hands.
GBALLGIGGSPHOTO / Shutterstock.com
9. If you notice purple bumps on your fingers, they are the so-called Osler's nodes. This is a clear sign of a bacterial infection of the heart valves.
10. If your ring finger is longer than your index finger, this may indicate an excessive amount of testosterone in the body.
11. If the skin of the fingers and hands is flaky, then this may be a sign of a lack of B vitamins (niacin and biotin). Add niacin-rich foods, such as peanuts and mushrooms, as well as biotin-rich foods, such as avocados, to your diet.
Maksym Bondarchuk / Shutterstock.com
12. Dark stripes in the nails can be indicative of an early stage of nail melanoma. But brown dots or spots on the hands may appear due to the harmful effects of the sun.
There are many possible problems with hands, and at first glance, they may seem insignificant. In case you discover any of the symptoms mentioned above, don’t ignore them and be sure to consult a doctor. Take care of your health!
This article is solely for informational purposes. Do not self-diagnose or self-medicate, and in all cases consult a certified healthcare professional before using any information presented in the article. The editorial board does not guarantee any results and does not bear any responsibility for any harm that may result from using the information provided in the article.