Best Tips And Exercises To Help Achieve Beautiful Posture
September 12, 2018 18:19 By Fabiosa
In the modern world, people have increasingly more problems with the neck and posture. After all, a lot of them spend entire working days sitting in a completely wrong position in front of the computer. You will be surprised, but ugly posture can completely ruin your look, even if you put on best clothes and make a gorgeous makeup. To prevent this from happening, we advise you to regularly work on your body in order to have a beautiful and straight posture.
What is posture?
In other words, this is a habitual position of the body. Everyone can have their own postures, but the correct and beautiful one includes the chest expanded, the neck evenly balanced, the top of the head looking straight up, the shoulders level and pulled back and down. No slouching! The main function of posture is to protect the musculoskeletal system from overload and injuries due to natural alignment of body segments and muscle balance.
Advantages of good posture
Undrey / Shutterstock.com
- Effective work of muscles.
- Prevention of injuries.
- Large lung volume.
- Beautiful chest.
- Symmetrical proportions of the figure and a more aesthetic physique.
- Reduced risk of muscle strain and pain in the lower back and neck.
What contributes to the curvature of the spine and how to resist it?
Andrey_Popov / Shutterstock.com
The most common and main cause of wrong posture is a weak core and back muscles. But you can’t rely only on the strength of your muscles, as they simply can’t remain tense all the time. They need to be trained by performing posture exercises. A few more factors that facilitate the curvature:
- excess weight;
- depression or accumulated life problems;
- wearing high-heeled shoes frequently;
- a habit of sitting at the desk in a wrong position (the neck stretched forward, the back and shoulders rounded).
Andrey_Popov / Shutterstock.com
How to achieve straight posture?
fizkes / Shutterstock.com
In addition to regular exercising it requires:
- mobility of the joints;
- awareness of your posture and control;
- balanced muscles on both sides of the spine;
- good muscle flexibility;
- strong postural muscles.
Complex of exercises
Useful habits that will help improve your posture
1. If you spend a lot of time at the computer, we advise you to put a mirror on the desk to watch your posture.
2. When you need to work long hours at the computer, don’t forget to take breaks every hour. Stretch your back, shoulders, and neck.
3. If you return from shopping, distribute the weight you are carrying evenly on both sides.
4. If the problem is long neglected, then you can purchase a posture corrector.
5. We also recommend practicing a massage or self-massage of the muscles that affect posture (for example, tension in chest muscles causes slouching) and stretching.
jehsomwang / Shutterstock.com
Beautiful posture is a cornerstone of healthy body. Don’t neglect it! Take it seriously and don’t forget to exercise regularly. In addition to the described above, one of the best ways to improve posture is swimming. Be healthy and beautiful!
This article is solely for informational purposes. Before using any of the information provided above, consult a certified specialist. Use of the information outlined above can be harmful to health. The editorial board does not guarantee any results and does not bear any responsibility for harm or other consequences that may result from the use of the information provided above.