How To Make Shoes Pristine White Again
May 7, 2019 18:17 By Fabiosa
A pair of white gorgeous shoes is the pride of any sharp dresser. But having seen what becomes of them over time, we think twice before buying such footwear in the future. However, there’s no reason to deny yourself this pleasure! It is possible to clean formerly-white shoes to perfection and remove even stubborn stains, but this will take patience and some preparation.
I am a miracle worker pic.twitter.com/BeivqBtdrv— cat mom (@sarahtraceyy) October 15, 2017
The easiest to clean, because it doesn’t absorb liquid and dirt.
You will need: paper towels, white bar soap, cotton cloth, and a melamine sponge.
- Soak a paper towel in water and remove large pieces of dirt from the surface of the shoe, then let it dry for about 10 minutes.
- Remove all stains and remaining dirt with a wet melamine sponge.
- Rub the soap onto a slightly damp cloth. Gently rub the leather with the cloth, returning the shoe its fresh white color. Remove the remains of the soap with another soap-free cloth.
Your shoes will shine like new!
Converse (or fabric)
Machine wash is not recommended for fabric shoes. So we will need some proven soda, vinegar, and soap.
Method 1. Mix 1 tablespoon of baking soda and 2 tablespoons of vinegar in a cup of warm water and work this solution into the fabric with a cloth or a brush until it’s clean. Remove the excess solution and rinse with water.
This material is quite a pain in the neck – it gets dirty very fast and loses its neat looks. So any suede shoes (not only white) require careful wear and proper care.
You will need: a cotton cloth, a pencil eraser, paper towels, white vinegar, and a suede brush.
- remove moisture and dirt off the surface with a soft cloth;
- rub the eraser on the stains without applying any pressure;
- thoroughly wipe wet stains (if any) with a paper towel;
- soak a cloth in vinegar and remove any remaining stains;
- fluff up the surface with a suede brush.
The video below shows how to perfectly whiten even very dirty sneakers.
How to take care of white footwear
- store white shoes separately from other colors;
- use separate sponges, brushes, cloths for each pair;
- never leave shoes dirty overnight – clean them immediately after coming home.
What other hacks for white shoes do you know?
This material is provided for informational purposes only. Some of the products and items discussed in this article may cause an allergic reaction and damage your health. Before use, consult a certified technician/specialist. The editorial board is not responsible for any harm or other consequences that may be caused by the use of the methods, products or items described in this article.