4 Effective Masks For Oily Hair To Make It Look Better
May 21, 2018 14:09 By Fabiosa
Oily hair is a common problem known to every other girl. Washing your locks every day isn’t a solution. This way you will make the skin secrete even more fat.
In order for hair not to get oily at the roots so quickly, you need to identify the problem and choose a proper treatment. Natural components are a good solution, as you can easily prepare masks at home, and they will make your hair look neat in no time.
Reasons for excessively oily hair
Softulka / Shutterstock.com
1. Wrong hair care can stimulate your skin to secrete more fat leading to this oily result. It includes washing your hair too often, using very hot water, overdrying it with a hairdryer.
2. Wrong use of balsams and masks. Women often apply these cosmetic products onto the roots, not only on the ends, which is decisively not recommended.
3. Fat and spicy food causes the excessive function of oil-glands.
pathdoc / Shutterstock.com
4. Constant stress can also affect normal skin fat production.
5. Some medicine, such as antidepressants, antibiotics, and hormonal contraceptives promote greasiness of hair.
6. Various chronic diseases and hormone imbalance stimulate the production of superfluous skin fat.
To reduce hair greasiness, first, you need to find the problem and then try to solve it. You are going to find out that most ordinary products, any practical person keeps at hand, can help with this.
Masks for oily hair
Alliance / Shutterstock.com
1. Mustard mask
This mask fights greasiness of hair as well as promotes its growth. To prepare it, make a solution of:
- 2 tablespoons of dry mustard;
- 4 cups of water.
Rinse your hair with this solution and then wash it thoroughly in warm water. Repeat this procedure twice a week after regular hair wash.
2. Mask with bread
Take 3/4 cup of white and dark breadcrumbs (grind a toast in a blender). Then pour boiling water over them, and after they cool down, strain through gauze fabric. Apply the resulting substance along the full length of hair and leave for approximately 30 minutes, wrapping your head in a cellulose film and a towel. After, rinse your locks with warm water.
3. Aloe mask
This mask will require
- 1 tablespoon of aloe juice;
- 1 tablespoon of castor oil;
- 1 tablespoon of honey.
Mix all the ingredients and apply the substance to the head skin. Wrap it in a cellulose film and a towel, and leave for 15 minutes. Then wash it off with warm water.
Anna Berdnik / Shutterstock.com
4. Potato mask
Grate two potatoes on a fine grater and squeeze the juice out of the resulting paste. Add 2 tablespoons of honey and a pinch of salt, and apply the mixture to the hair. Leave the mask for about 30 minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
Overly greasy hair is a complex problem requiring a complex solution. Masks alone will not solve it. But the first step is to follow hair care recommendations.
This material is provided for informational purposes only. Some of the products and items discussed in this article may cause an allergic reaction and damage your health. Before use, consult a certified technician/specialist. The editorial board is not responsible for any harm or other consequences that may be caused by the use of the methods, products or items described in this article.