2 Simple And Easy 5-Minute Tricks That Can Help Make Your Bathtub Sparkling Clean
September 11, 2019 23:18 By Fabiosa
Not every housekeeper can maintain the whiteness of a bathtub for a long time. It’s not enough to wash it once a week with soap. Children's toys or hygiene products can stain the bathtub, making it look untidy. However, there may also be rust and limescale, bacteria, and an unpleasant smell.
Jean Andrian / Shutterstock.com
Unfortunately, commercial household chemical products are very harmful to health, regardless of the result. Toxic components with flavoring agents and detergents enter our body through the respiratory system and even the skin. As a result of this, people develop allergic reactions.
Therefore, we recommend you to replace chemical cleaning products for household ones. They don’t contain harmful components, and the bathtub will still be as clean as you like!
Soda and citric acid. The acid will dissolve limescale and rust, the alkali will take care of fat.
ThamKC / Shutterstock.com
You will need:
- 3 tbsp of baking soda;
- 1 tbsp of citric acid;
1. Mix 3 tablespoons of baking soda with warm water in a bowl to the state of paste.
2. Moist the tub and apply the mixture on it.
3. Next, dilute 1 tablespoon of citric acid in water.
4. Soak a sponge in citric acid and remove soda with it. Then rinse the bath with water.
Imfoto / Shutterstock.com
Here is one more method. It will help with more serious cases.
You will need:
- 1/2 a bar of laundry soap;
- 1/2 a glass of water;
- juice of half a lemon;
- 2 tbsp. of glycerol;
- 1 pint of alcohol.
1. Grind the laundry soap on a grater. Then dissolve it in water and put it on a steam bath. Stir constantly.
2. Then cool it a little, add glycerin and alcohol.
3. Wash the bath with this product, and then rinse it with water.
If you want to keep your bathtub clean and care about your loved ones’ health, save these methods!
This material is provided for informational purposes only. Some of the products and items discussed in this article may cause an allergic reaction and damage your health. Before use, consult a certified technician/specialist. The editorial board is not responsible for any harm or other consequences that may be caused by the use of the methods, products or items described in this article.