A lot of people dream about silky and radiant hair, and the beauty industry is struggling to satisfy the ever rising demand.
However, many women have learned the hard way that the chemical products have high price, both in terms of money and health.
So, proven home-based recipes are more treasured by some women than the latest brand products.
Let's take a look at some of the renowned recipes for smoothing hair at home with items you probably have in your kitchen.
1. Coconut oil: in addition to moisturizing, it also helps to smooth the hair. Just apply warm coconut oil on your hair for ten minutes or more, and then wrap it in a towel for 30 minutes. Rinse thoroughly with your regular shampoo.
2. Cornstarch and sugar: add cornstarch in water and boil it on low heat. Then add a spoonful of sugar and two tablespoons of moisturizing cream. Allow it to cool down and apply the mixture to the hair. Leave for 15 minutes, then rinse.
3. Aloe vera: this plant surprisingly contains 75 known nutrients! More than that, aloe vera gel has the similar chemical composition to keratin, which is a protein that gives hair its structure. Mix warm oil with aloe vera gel, apply it to the hair and leave for 15 minutes before rinsing.
4. Castor oil: spread it along the entire length of the hair and leave for a few minutes, then rinse.
5. Banana: crush ripe bananas to form a paste and apply it on the hair for half an hour before washing off.
6. Butter-based mask: This one is more complicated. You will need some butter, 2 tablespoons of glycerin, 4 tablespoons of olive oil, 1/2 cup of milk, 4 tablespoons of castor oil, and 4 tablespoons of honey. Watch a video for the detailed procedure.
We hope you will find a recipe that will work for you! Share your thoughts and results in the comments. Also, do you know any other natural ways to make your hair smooth and shiny?
This material is provided for informational purposes only. Some of the products and items discussed in this article may cause an allergic reaction and damage your health. Before use, consult a certified technician/specialist. The editorial board is not responsible for any harm or other consequences that may be caused by the use of the methods, products or items described in this article.