Date Palm From A Stone: How To Grow An Exotic Plant At Home
February 28, 2018 14:00 By Fabiosa
The date palm is a very beautiful plant that can be grown at home. To do this, you need just a bone of the fruit. For a little money, you can get an exotic specimen. However, it will be necessary to wait for little. But isn't it pleasant to watch while your "green child" is growing?
MomoShi / Shutterstock.com
How to grow a date palm tree:
- For planting, we need dried dates, which must be cleaned from the pulp. Gardeners are advised to take the bones of the date Robelen - a short palm tree growing into several trunks. Then rinse them and soak for several days in water, which should be changed every 8-10 hours.
- Take a pot with holes in the bottom, fill it with some pebble for drainage. Then - a substrate from a mixture of peat and sand.
- Put the bones in a moist soil to a depth of 0.4 inches. Put the pot in a warm place. When the first leaves appear, wipe them with a damp cotton pad.
- When the sprouts grow to 6 inches, they need to be planted into separate pots with a soil of peat, sand, humus, and turf.
How to care for a date palm.
MR.Yanukit / Shutterstock.com
- The palm needs warmth and sunlight, so make sure that the pot is in the right place.
- Fertilize the soil with a fertilizer weekly from spring to late autumn. In winter, do this procedure once a month.
- Water the palm with lukewarm water. Do this two or three times a week in spring and summer, and one in winter. Make sure the soil is not over-moistened, otherwise the plant may die.
- Put the young palm in a new pot that will be 0.8 inches larger than the previous one. Do this once a year.
It's one more effective method of growing a date tree. Which one to choose, it's up to you!
For the plant has grown healthy and beautiful, it is necessary to look after it properly. We hope, our advice will help you to make a dream about a paradise in your house come true!
This material is provided for informational purposes only. Some of the products and items discussed in this article may cause an allergic reaction and damage your health. Before use, consult a certified technician/specialist. The editorial board is not responsible for any harm or other consequences that may be caused by the use of the methods, products or items described in this article.