6 Tips That May Help To Get Rid Of Sagging Skin On Arms And Legs
Sagging or loose skin can be very stressful. However, this problem is quite common. Pregnancy, weight loss, hormonal changes, and aging often result in sagging skin. While it is a natural process, various things can accelerate the appearance of loose skin. That’s why it is important to know what causes this unpleasant condition and what we can do to improve our body’s largest organ.
Why does sagging or loose skin appear?
Doctors say that there is a genetic predisposition to sagging skin, but this is not the only reason. Several factors can be responsible for this process. The most common cause is aging. Muscles that support the skin can weaken as you age, and it results in saggy portions of the skin. Moreover, your skin starts to produce less collagen with age, making it looks tired and droopy.
What exercises are really effective against the loose skin?
You probably heard about specific exercise programs that promise to pull the muscles to the skin. The truth is that it is impossible. However, it doesn’t mean that you need to give up your workouts. Physical activity is beneficial for your overall health, and it can actually help reduce the appearance of sagging skin.
Be sure that you have a balanced exercise program with cardio and strength training. Flabby arms and legs can be a sign of a lack of muscles tone and tension. In this case, simple strength exercises can lead to great results. And cardio workouts increases the delivery of oxygen to your skin, and this, in turn, improves its elasticity and capacity for recovery.
There are numerous exercises to tighten your arms so that you may choose any of them. For example, push-ups can be a good choice. They require no equipment but build strength very effectively. Moreover, there are hundreds of variations both for starters and experienced athletes.
If we are talking about exercises that focus on the lower body, the options are endless. Cycling, jogging, climbing are all great ways to strengthen your legs and tone your muscles.
Home remedies for sagged skin
Some lifestyle changes can significantly improve early skin sagging.
Here are six simple tips that can help you to tighten your arms and legs in addition to exercises:
- Avoid excessive sun exposure and use sunscreen. The free radicals in UV rays may cause damage your skin, so the fibers in your dermis need more time to recover.
- Avoid dehydration. Drink enough water.
- If you smoke, quit. Smoking dries out your skin and increases the effect of premature aging.
- Maintain a healthy diet that includes fiber and good fats. Vitamins and minerals are also important. Experts also recommend to include food sources of zinc and vitamin C into your daily ration.
- Avoid diets that involve rapid weight loss. Losing your extra pounds too quickly will lead to sagging skin.
- Apply skin care products. Exfoliate your skin regularly to shed dead cells and improve blood circulation. Moisturizing cream can help prevent fluid retention and keep your skin elastic and firm.
This article is purely for informational purposes. Do not self-medicate, and in all cases consult a certified healthcare professional before using any information presented in the article. The editorial board does not guarantee any results and does not bear any responsibility for harm that may result from using the information stated in the article.