6 Simple And Effective Exercises To Make Your Face Look Slimmer And Younger
You know that your body and mind benefit from physical activity in numerous ways, but what about your face? There are a few exercises that can have a great positive effect on your facial skin and muscles to give you a younger look and make your face slimmer.
But, like any other exercises, they will show the desired effect only if you do them daily over the course of a few weeks to a few months and then continue doing them regularly. They are quite simple and require little effort. The key to success is diligence and patience, as facial workouts don't produce results overnight like botox injections and surgery do.
So, here are 6 exercises for your facial workout:
READ ALSO: 6 Simple And Healthy Tips For Mature Skin
This one is also easy, good for your cheek muscles, and can even cheer you up! You should simply do this:
- smile widely without squinting and showing your teeth, keep your lips together;
- hold this expression for 10 seconds and relax;
- repeat as many times as it is convenient.
2. Smooth the brow
This is more like a massage than an exercise, and it can help keep your forehead smooth. Do it this way:
- place the tips of your fingers vertically in the middle of your forehead;
- sweep your fingers from your forehead to your temples, pressing them very lightly;
- return to the initial position and repeat 10 times.
3. Puffy face
This is a simple exercise which can give a better shape to your jawline and cheeks and involves the same moves you do when you rinse your mouth. Do it as follows:
- fill your mouth with air;
- push the air from one side to the other;
- continue doing these moves for a couple of minutes.
4. Neck stretch
This exercise helps tone the skin on your neck and shape your jawline. Here’s how you do it:
- put your fingertips on your collarbones, pulling the skin slightly down;
- look up at the ceiling;
- push your lower jaw forward (you should feel the stretch in your neck muscles) and hold for 15 seconds;
- return to the initial position and repeat the move a few more times.
5. Fish face
This exercise targets your cheek muscles and may even make your face look slimmer if you do it often. Here's how to do it:
- suck in your cheeks and pucker your lips, as to mimic a fish;
- keeping your lips in this position, try to smile (you should feel your cheek muscles tighten);
- hold the position for 10 seconds and relax;
- repeat the whole move several times.
6. Tongue stretch
This exercise can improve your jawline and reduce the appearance of a double chin. Do it the following way:
- tilt your head back slightly;
- stick your tongue out as far as you can;
- try to touch your chin with the tip of your tongue, and then try to reach your nose;
- repeat the moves for a couple of minutes.
This set of exercises won’t take much of your time and effort. Do them daily whenever you can, and give them some time to produce noticeable results!
This article is solely for informational purposes. Do not self-diagnose or self-medicate, and in all cases consult a certified healthcare professional before using any information presented in the article. The editorial board does not guarantee any results and does not bear any responsibility for harm that may result from using the information provided in the article.