Tutorial On How One Can Create A Cute Rainbow Fish In 8 Easy-To-Follow Steps
November 23, 2017 14:23 By Fabiosa
DIY crafts are actually quite fun. It is a way to explore your creativity that can even become an addictive hobby, especially when you figure out a number of things you can create just by using your imagination.
This rainbow fish, which was made from a paper plate, is a perfect example. Such creations not only save you money but also give you a chance to reuse things around the house that would have ended up in the dumpster. Thus, DIYs are saving the environment.
What you will need to make a paper plate rainbow fish
Before getting started on this particular craft, you need to make sure you have everything you need. Namely:
- a large paper plate;
- paint for coloring (choose your preferred color);
- circle paper punch;
- different colored papers;
- black marker;
- white paper;
- construction paper.
Step-by-step instructions for making your paper plate rainbow fish
- Start by coloring the paper plate. You can choose whatever color you prefer.
- Once the paint is dry, cut out a triangle from the plate to serve as the fish mouth. The part you cut out will be used later on for the tail.
- Glue the cutout triangle tail to the plate on the opposite end of the mouth.
- Using your circle paper punch, make a hole in a white paper. Draw a circle in that circle to make the eye.
- Glue the eye to the plate above where the mouth is.
- Get your colorful papers together and begin punching circles in them. You need as many papers as possible - we're trying to make a rainbow here.
- Fold each of your colored circles in half, then glue them to your paper plate fish in rows. You can start from the head (close to the mouth) and work your way back towards the tail.
- To make the fin, cut the shape out of your construction paper and glue them on the fish. The paper should preferably be of the same color with the paper plate but feel free to go crazy if you want.
And you're done. Take the time to admire your beautiful paper plate fish before handing it over to your toddler to play with.
For a more visual tutorial, check out the video below.
You can also make other types of water creatures using paper plates. Now that you know the basic rules, you just need to be creative and come up with something truly awesome.
Most DIYs, like this one, are quite easy to follow, and the results are usually pretty awesome. Regardless of whether or not you are inexperienced in the crafting department, you can definitely make this beauty. Be sure to share this tutorial with others.