4 Effective Methods To Help Keep All Those Nasty House Ants Away
Spring and summer are the seasons when our houses get the most attention from all kinds of insects. They crawl up to our places from all sides, but it’s not the reason to live with them. It’s time to learn some useful techniques that will help you get rid of these nasty creepy crawlies. This time, it will be about red house ants.
They look pretty similar to the ordinary garden ants, the only thing – they are way smaller. They build their nests in good hiding places, and as a rule, it takes lots of time to find them. Nevertheless, if you have spotted such unwanted guests in your house, make sure you do the following things that will help you get rid of them.
Actions to follow if you’ve detected ants in your house
- It’s a huge mistake to believe that ants don’t love dirty dishes. On the contrary, it’s one of those things in your house they are attracted to the most. So, don’t forget to wash the dishes timely.
- Don’t leave any food all around the house and keep garbage bin closed.
- Clean your kitchen floor regularly.
- Keep all your food containers clean.
All kinds of carbs and protein are the perfect food for them, so be aware of that fact and don’t throw it all over your house.
But if you weren’t lucky enough, and they have come to your house, these quick and easy remedies may be of help!
- Caffeine. Coffee grounds are deadly for house ants, and you may make use of it. Just put the substance in the places you see lots of ants, and soon, they won’t bother you anymore.
- Boric acid with sugar will do the job as well. Just mix them, add some water, and spread the substance on the ants' trails.
- Gnawing croup or corn flour. Just put some bits in places you notice the ants and leave the rest to the cereals.
- Garlic is another way to get rid of the insects. You will just need to rub their trails with garlic. It will ruin their pheromone smell, and if used regularly, you won’t see them anymore.
All in all, it’s easy to cope with the nasty ants with the things you have in your house, and you do not need to buy all kinds of expensive chemicals. So, good luck! Make your house free from ants!