Tutorial: Delicious And Easy-To-Make Christmas Cake With Ginger Biscuits
Christmas is just around the corner, and early December is a perfect time to think about the dishes to cook for a festive table.
What we all love for Christmas is sweet treats. Ginger biscuit is a traditional sweet delicacy to treat family and friends on holidays.
Good old-fashioned ginger biscuits can help create a festive mood. There are lots of awesome ideas for ginger biscuits, and everything depends on one’s own creativity and imagination. Just take a look at these adorable snacks. Don't you want to taste one?
There a lot of options to decorate ginger biscuits. The best way is to use Christmas theme and to make a cute snowman or little Santa.
There is a wide space to use one’s imagination. How do you like this amazing ‘Christmas tree’ cake?
A good thing is to ask every family member to decorate his own ginger biscuit as he/she likes most and then to share the sweet treats with each other. And don’t forget about kids? They will be glad to take part in this exciting process.
Today, we want to offer you a great and unusual recipe for Christmas cake with ginger biscuits. It’s really easy to make. First of all, we need to cook a fruit cake.
- 500g mixed dried fruit;
- 175g sugar;
- 125g butter;
- 2 cups flour;
- Place dried fruit, sugar, and 1 ½ cups water in a saucepan with the butter and allow to simmer for 25 minutes.
- Allow to cool. Stir in the flour and starch and mix well.
- Pour into a cake tin and bake for 2 hours at 356℉.
Now, it’s time to make our ginger biscuit house.
Ginger Biscuit House
- 100g flour;
- 1 tsp cinnamon;
- ½ tsp ground ginger;
- ½ tsp freshly grated nutmeg;
- ½ tsp baking powder;
- 50g sugar;
- 75g butter.
- Mix together the dry ingredients, add the wet ingredients, and combine to form a dough. Roll a dough out.
- Cut out house shapes using a sharp knife. Place into the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely before icing. To make the icing, whisk starch and add 2 cups of sugar until stiff paste forms. Add the lemon juice.
- Pipe the frosting onto the biscuits in patterns. Then use the remaining icing around the outside of the cake and stick the houses in place.
This Christmas cake can be a great dessert for a festive table; besides, it’s very easy to make. Hope you liked the recipe. Please share your opinion with us.
READ ALSO: Tutorial On How One Can Grow Ginger At Home