Clear Plastic Jeans, Dry Cleaner Bag Dress, And 18 Other Weirdest Fashion Trends Of 2017
January 22, 2018 12:03 By Fabiosa
Let's be honest: the word "fashion" is not always synonymous with the words "taste" or "style". And in 2017, it got to the point where fashion catalogs and brands offered us things that were embarrassing to wear when going out to the store, not to mention walking down the street or going on a date. Here are 20 weirdest trends of the last year.
1. Instant clip-in buns for men who want a new unusual hairstyle.
whenever you feel bad about yourself, just know 1,000+ people are wearing clip-in man buns they bought on groupon rn pic.twitter.com/RyysZV3VcM
— Amy She (@amyfshe) 11 листопада 2015 р.
2. Crazy hairy selfie nails do exist now, and this trend is as terrible as it sounds.
I sent my siblings a picture of the hairy selfie nails and my brother sent me back a photoshopped version of me and all my siblings pic.twitter.com/juUxpwZjgK
— Sam Offtharecord (@SamOfftharecord) 15 вересня 2017 р.
3. These fluffy slippers seem to be inspired by some furry animals.
l'm terrified of these fluffy slippers Van ! Gucci made them with his mat in mind. pic.twitter.com/D0FZPlxAq6
— michael halliday777 (@michaelhallida4) 3 липня 2017 р.
4. High-rise jeans with a front-to-back zipper made the Internet abuzz.
— Lisa Gutierrez (@LisaGinKC) 10 серпня 2017 р.
5. Big shoulder pads should be left back in the 80s where they belong.
The reason we had so many ladies in suits with shoulder pads in the 80’s was bc it was the beginning of women taking executive positions in male dominated industries. They dressed like men to be taken seriously & broadened their frame w/shoulder pads to appear less vulnerable. pic.twitter.com/ARe8RVrTEp
— Mikaila Brown (@TCT_Project) 8 січня 2018 р.
6. Another bizarre trend is clear plastic jeans – for those who would like to go out nude.
The actual ad for this unfortunate garment read: "Think outside the box with these out-of-the-ordinary clear plastic jeans. Clearly awful? Awfully wonderful? What do you think? pic.twitter.com/buEmZKkwIW
— Audrey Beaulac (@audreybeaulac) 18 листопада 2017 р.
7. Bags so small they can only hold your phone.
lulufrost: BAUBLE OF THE DAY SPOT THE SPARKLE SOURCE : VALENTINO | SPRING 2017 https://t.co/6m3iiNz83i
— Max (@monsieurmats) 11 січня 2018 р.
8. These double-sided boots are made for multi-directional walking.
Chingy - Pulling me Back pic.twitter.com/UIsI0SirxZ
— tebogo sencho (@tebogosencho) 12 вересня 2016 р.
9. Gucci’s sock sandals are so beyond ridiculous, they are hilarious.
— Belinda (@FoundLove_Blog) 20 березня 2017 р.
10. Bright male lace outfits are a complete disaster.
11. Rompers are extremely comfy to wear, and now, grown-up men have some options to choose from too.
12. Why wear one regular pair of jeans when you can wear double jeans?
— Ella S. (@Ella4653) 13 січня 2018 р.
13. Another crazy nail trend that will hopefully disappear in 2018.
Ok but #WHY ?! In the #hell would someone ask for a #fullset like this one ?? And why a #nailtech would even accept doing it ?! Guys this put #pressure on the #nailbed by doing that #bubblenails hope you have good #insurance that covers your #company or #nailsalon .aint no way im loosing what ive #accomplished #sofar im not #greedy c'mon now #thingsyoubeseeingman #nailtechlife #omg
14. Pants or just one 'pant'? Half jeans are perfect when you can't figure out if it is hot or cold outside.
15. Sometimes, brand things are just an upgraded version of what you can get merely for free.
— Thuy Ong (@ThuyOng) 19 квітня 2017 р.
16. And some outfits resemble things that you probably have at home, like a dry cleaner bag.
— Cooper Lawrence (@CooperLawrence) 8 листопада 2017 р.
17. Arguably, it is the most eccentric fashion.
Thong Jeans! Butt-less jeans wtf what's next pic.twitter.com/SeMPiNzGhK
— I_want_the_truth (@1want_the_truth) 11 січня 2018 р.
18. Construction workers seem to follow the very latest fashion trends.
— J. (@blissfulpages) 21 липня 2017 р.
19. Full jeans with clear knees are a little bit… strange.
— lowercaseman (@lowercaseman) 13 березня 2017 р.
20. And those who really love their bed will like these duvet ponchos.
Duvet ponchos are the cosy fashion trend for people who really, really love their bed
Getting out of your warm, cosy bed on those freezing, frosty mornings is truly agonising. And once you're out of bed, it's nigh-on impossible to recreate that toa https://t.co/iw49kbkFXO pic.twitter.com/vIkxVW8TEq
— Seda Hoeller (@SedaGirl) 4 січня 2018 р.
We can't wait to see what 2018 will bring!