Melanie Griffith And Tippi Hedren, Her 87-Year-Old Mother, Look Young And Gorgeous
January 9, 2018 10:41 By Fabiosa
For many people, Nathalie Kay Hedren, also known as Tippi Hedren, is considered an icon. As a fashion model and animal rights activist, Tippi has certainly made an impact.
As a model, she graced the front cover of magazines, such as Life and Glamour. And from what we can see today, the 87-year-old mother and grandmother has not lost much of her beauty.
A few weeks ago, 60-year-old actress Melanie Griffith, shared an Instagram picture celebrating her mom's beauty. In the photo, Tippi had her arms lovingly wrapped around her daughter. Melanie shared the image with the caption:
With my eternally young and beautiful Mom. She is 87 and lives life to the fullest.
Facts about Tippi Hedren
- She was a successful model and actress, who was discovered by Alfred Hitchcock himself.
- She received a Golden Globe for her role in The Birds (1963).
- Her nickname 'Tippi' was given to her by her father. It means 'sweetheart' in Swedish.
- In 2003, she testified for a bill in Washington D.C. that eventually became the Captive Wildlife Safety Act. It was aimed at putting to an end the trade of exotic cats.
- In 2011, she was honored with a Lifetime Achievement Award from Hollywood Chamber of Commerce.
Beauty runs in the family
Just as Tippi continues to look great as she ages, so does her beautiful daughter Melanie, who turned 60 in August. In fact, Melanie is one of three generations of stunning actresses. The third is 50 Shades of Grey's Dakota Johnson.
One thing that most people were quick to notice is the resemblance between the lovely ladies. Not only do they share an ageless look, they are also individually talented actresses who are all kind words.