Even The Funniest People Can Suffer From Depression. Conan O'Brien's Story
It seems that with the progress of technology, the development of society, urbanization, and overpopulation, it gets so much harder to keep your attitude positive and strive for a better life.
We can take Queen’s song "Under Pressure" for instance.
It was written back in the 80’s, however, that those problems are still not solved. More and more people are suffering from depression and anxiety. Some of those people pretend to be happy so good that it is hard to determine whether they need help or not. Conan O’Brien is definitely one of those people.
Watch Conan and Kathy Bates sing "The Star Spangled Banner":
Why do we love Conan O'Brien?
Conan O’Brien is a “Conan” talk show host on TBS. We’re sure you all know this guy. And here are some of the reasons why we all love him:
- Self-deprecating sense of humor. He built his whole career out of making fun of himself.
- Conan’s hair. His red hair and strange wavy cut definitely became a trademark.
- He despises cynicism. Conan always tries to view things from different perspectives.
- Conan embraced social media. As an “Amish person,” it is pretty surprising that Conan keeps pace with the time and even did some sketches with David Franko and Tinder on his show.
- Positive attitude. Live has its ups and downs, and instead of whining, Conan, from the look of things, remains positive!
Conan's depression and anxiety
There’s this prejudice that you should be an utterly depressed person to be hilariously funny, which Conan thought is a true statement. As a consequence of such mentality, Conan had to fight real depression.
Conan’s life was more like a rollercoaster than a happy fairytale. There definitely have been some crucial moments, but mostly, it all depends on the mentality. The way of thinking determines your attitude and the overall level of satisfaction. Conan reportedly managed to get over his dark period and become a better version of himself.
Listen to a radio interview with Howard Stern as Conan talks about his depression, anxiety, and medication:
Positive attitude till the end
After all, Conan remains determined to continue his work as an entertainer, comedian, and a TV-show host. And what is more important, he maintains his positive attitude and kindness!
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you’re kind, amazing things will happen. - Conan O'Brien
Conan's sense of humor is like a fine wine: It gets better with age. Although he did not celebrate Valentine's day with his wife this yesr, he still remains grumpy-positive about it:
If you feel any symptoms of depression, don't hesitate to consult a trustworthy psychotherapist for help! Take care!